Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  2

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Dear! I'm from Poland and my life story is pretty long so I going to make it short. In 1983 I landed with my son in Chicago, and for few years I used to live in a Polish communities catching any jobs I could get. The first five years has been hard working two jobs to cover my son's education at St. John's Military academy, than paying for my education at college in Chicago. Life became better - I could get better jobs and language helped me to be accepted and understood in American communities. Before I moved to Texas, I'd worked in California for few years, and now I'm retired. Finally I have time for crafts and gardening what I love so much! Hugs! Ada.

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaBusyBee View Post
    Thank you Dear! I'm from Poland and my life story is pretty long so I going to make it short. In 1983 I landed with my son in Chicago, and for few years I used to live in a Polish communities catching any jobs I could get. The first five years has been hard working two jobs to cover my son's education at St. John's Military academy, than paying for my education at college in Chicago. Life became better - I could get better jobs and language helped me to be accepted and understood in American communities. Before I moved to Texas, I'd worked in California for few years, and now I'm retired. Finally I have time for crafts and gardening what I love so much! Hugs! Ada.
    Poland? I would love to travel to Europe! Have you been back to Poland? do you have family back there? Did you live under communist rule? what a fascinating life you have had I'm sure. If you ever write your life story and decide to share some stories please let me read it! I'm a nut for family history if you haven't guessed!