Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can understand why you're attached to it! Beautiful story Ada. Where are you from originally? I'm glad you're here!!! The afghan is gorgeous! I love it!!! Enjoy,
    Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Betty for your warm words! Originally I'm from Poland, now living in Texas, Austin. The 'First afghan' looks much better than in picture. I should have the picture from magazine somewhere in my stash - I'm still working on organizing it.
    Before learning English, I did self-study of crochet abbreviations using dictionary . It was beginning of my crocheting using patterns. Right now, I crochet 'Heart' afghan nad will post the progress when I finish first square. Hugs! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're Afghan is so beautiful! Love your story, and glad to have such a strong woman living in the USA! You are an inspiration! My best wishes to you! Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Dear for your warm words... I'm a very happy to be a citizen of this wonderful country! I follow my motto ' Love good books, good music, and cherish good people, and on the top of it is crocheting' I have a small circle of friends but I cherish them so much!. Hugs! Ada.

5. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Red face New afghan

AdaBusyBee. Your afghan is absolutely fabulous! Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much! This afghan was the first afghan made in states and it is kind of 'Memory lane' for me... Hugs! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaBusyBee View Post
    Attachment 13029
    There is a little story behind this afghan... Thirty years ago, when I arrived to the USA, my English was limited to 'O.K.' and 'Yes". My neighbor, a Polish lady, gave me magazine with craft pictures, and I spotted the picture with this afghan pattern but no instructions. For the next two months I've been saving money to buy yarn, and finally, counting stitches from the picture, I was able to accomplish my project. I'm still emotionally attached to this afghan...
    very pretty and colorful Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie! Hugs! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your octagons are even too. They're all the same size.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always pay attention to keep same hook and tension when crocheting. I have tendency to have 'higher' stitches so I have to make gauge if comes to crocheting garments. With afghans and doilies, I don't pay attention to the size too much. Happy Crocheting Dear! Ada.