Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisAnn View Post
    I never throw out any scrap of yarn, the tiniest pieces are collected in baggies.
    Some are used for stuffing, some go out for the birds to build their nests in the spring.

Any yarn long enough for granny squares goes into an old picnic basket. I keep a dedicated I-9 hook in the basket and when the mood strikes me I crochet granny squares. When I have enough accumulated I use a full skein of yarn to join and turn them into granny square projects, afghans, shawls, etc, but mostly afghans. I get about 6 "unexpected" afghans a year that way.

Any yarn ends too small for granny squares but longer than 10 inches get tied together and wound into a ball of "found yarn"
    I use this found yarn to crochet Chi Ba Ba for my local Vet's office who work with the animal shelter.
    Chi Ba Ba's are merely C2C blankets made in the size of pet cages or crate to aid the animals they treat.
    Attachment 12951
    Hi Doris Ann, I love the tan as a background for the afghans and I never throw throw away an scraps of yarn.I just ran across a zip-lock bag with tiny squares I made a while back and forgot about them. They can be centers for squares when I get enough.

Looking at your afghans reminds me that the old fashioned granny square really still makes a beautiful afghan.
    I want to know if that is the Russian join? I really think it is pretty.
    Love , Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad you are cancer free. I had breast cancer back in 2002. Left breast remove. Surgery. I am cancer free now. Cancer survivors we are. Praise the Lord! I like to be able to make tags. Thats cool. Thats good idea to put them on your squares.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Left over yarn balls

I make newborn and preemie caps for donations to Barnes/Jewish/Christian Children's Hospital and to St. Louis University's Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital with my pastel's. For older children, I will use the stronger colors, reds. deeper blues, bright yellow's, orange, etc. If there is just a 'smidge' of a color remaining, it can be used to make or decorate a flower, or even sew a small button onto the center of a flower you might wish to attach to a little one's cap.

The Hook and I {;0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi Donna, do you mean labels like "made by. Etc.." and include date when it was crocheted, and other info?. I have started sewing tags on all my crocheted projects.I just finished crocheting bedspreads for my teen -age grandsons..finished 2 and working on the 3rd one.I will then star on a pink camoflage one for my 7 year old grandaughter. My tags read:Crocheted with love for(name) by Grandma Patty. (Month finished and year 2015). I attach them on the underneath side of the bedpread in the center of the top row along the edge. That way they know which end goes at the head of the bed.
    I haven't always used tags..just started when I joined the group making 6" squares to exchange each month. I make my own tags..either print them on my computer or print them on strips of
    ribbon with a permanent ink pen. I am trying to make name tags to sew on the squares I received if there isn't one on them so I will always know who made them. I am not getting them done very fast tho.
    I fell way behind when I found I had breast cancer last year. I am doing fine now after treatment and all have had a follow-up mammogram on both sides and no cancer!
    I do like making my own tags XOXOXO!.redhead/Patty!
    I did not know that you could label crocheted items! I will need to see how that's done; what a thought! thanks for letting me know it's possible to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put labels on the 6 inch squares too.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the poncho

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you all get labels at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    Where do you all get labels at?
    Sometimes I sew my name on and sometimes I write (with fabric markers) my name or someone elses name (depending on who made the square) on a piece of material and then sew that on by hand.
    Jean Marie