Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Attachment 12850

Jean Marie
    Cool, great job!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    It is a colorful shawl. The picture does not show how pretty it is. The colors are darker than what's in the pic. The black tones it down s little. So now, how do you use up your yarn balls?
    Beautiful shawl Harrietta! Triangle shawls or scarves are my favorite piece of all pieces I love, which are basically endless, but there's just something about them. Right after I learned to crochet I was at my mother-in-law's inside church yard sale. I found a shawl like this one, but without fringe, that was very well worn but beautiful and no telling how old. I grabbed it up for a $1.00, thinking how sad it was there on a table like no one wanted it. Well, I did, and I use it around the house in winter instead of wearing my new ones, and to crochet I keep it on the back of my crochet chair and wrap it around my shoulders as needed. I washed it and soaked it in conditioner so it's super soft and it's obvious someone wore it a lot. I feel it's ok to use it daily in my home, to keep it's love going! they also ran out of the colors they started it with and to make it bigger they changed the color scheme, but I have no problem with that for it's use!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Beautiful shawl Harrietta! Triangle shawls or scarves are my favorite piece of all pieces I love, which are basically endless, but there's just something about them. Right after I learned to crochet I was at my mother-in-law's inside church yard sale. I found a shawl like this one, but without fringe, that was very well worn but beautiful and no telling how old. I grabbed it up for a $1.00, thinking how sad it was there on a table like no one wanted it. Well, I did, and I use it around the house in winter instead of wearing my new ones, and to crochet I keep it on the back of my crochet chair and wrap it around my shoulders as needed. I washed it and soaked it in conditioner so it's super soft and it's obvious someone wore it a lot. I feel it's ok to use it daily in my home, to keep it's love going! they also ran out of the colors they started it with and to make it bigger they changed the color scheme, but I have no problem with that for it's use!

Thank you, Susan. You make my day! Wish I would come across a gem like you found at that yard sale.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, what a beautiful afghan. So, many pretty colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    A real beauty! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved reading your story about finding a great shawl! You know it's too bad we can't put a label on our crocheted items like we do on quilts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sapphire your afghan is beautiful

Post Thanks / Like
    That's why I loved my blogsite so much, I gathered so much good info. I have all of the joining info on one great blog post,and it's still online till the end of July, if you read the titles it's in there so you'll know which post it was. If you felt like going back thru them that is, lol! The joining post brought me more comments than any other one, esp from long time crocheters. I learned so much gathering links for that site! Depending on the size of the leaves you might be able to make a scarf Jean Marie, or add some flowers to the sides of it to make it long enough.
    Hi Susan,
    I unraveled most of the leaves and put it on a 6 inch square.

I don't know how I hold my crochet hook. I just pick up the hook and start crocheting.

Jean Marie

I live in a medium size town in northern California, it is called Oroville.
    Post Thanks / Like

Grandmommy of 5

When I had a lot of left over baby yarn, some years back, a sunami had just hit in another country. Our church asked for anyone the could donate to do so for these families who had nothing left. In 1 week I made over, well over , 100 baby booties. When I turned them in to our Relief Society President she asked me if I would teach a class on crocheting. Which was a very new experince, I had never taught a class before. Another time I used all my left over yarn to make a bedspread for my queen size bed. It took a while to do but I knew when the winter hit I would love being curled up in it. My husband was thankful for the extra heat also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Loved reading your story about finding a great shawl! You know it's too bad we can't put a label on our crocheted items like we do on quilts!
    Hi Donna, do you mean labels like "made by. Etc.." and include date when it was crocheted, and other info?. I have started sewing tags on all my crocheted projects.I just finished crocheting bedspreads for my teen -age grandsons..finished 2 and working on the 3rd one.I will then star on a pink camoflage one for my 7 year old grandaughter. My tags read:Crocheted with love for(name) by Grandma Patty. (Month finished and year 2015). I attach them on the underneath side of the bedpread in the center of the top row along the edge. That way they know which end goes at the head of the bed.
    I haven't always used tags..just started when I joined the group making 6" squares to exchange each month. I make my own tags..either print them on my computer or print them on strips of
    ribbon with a permanent ink pen. I am trying to make name tags to sew on the squares I received if there isn't one on them so I will always know who made them. I am not getting them done very fast tho.
    I fell way behind when I found I had breast cancer last year. I am doing fine now after treatment and all have had a follow-up mammogram on both sides and no cancer!
    I do like making my own tags XOXOXO!.redhead/Patty!
    Last edited by redhead; 08-11-2015 at 08:21 PM.