Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna! All I did was chain to width I wanted then sc,dc,sc,dc across. Next row did sc in dc,dc in sc. Just back and forth til it was desired length. Nice textured surface. If I used up yarn ball anywhere in row simply attached new one right there. Used multis and solids. Went around edge with dc three times. It was fun to make!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi Donna! All I did was chain to width I wanted then sc,dc,sc,dc across. Next row did sc in dc,dc in sc. Just back and forth til it was desired length. Nice textured surface. If I used up yarn ball anywhere in row simply attached new one right there. Used multis and solids. Went around edge with dc three times. It was fun to make!
    Now that sounds easy! thanks for the instructions!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love all these ideas for using up bits of yarn. At the moment, mine are just sitting, taking up space. I really need to get busy and make some things. The pattern posted by imalefty is the same as one I used last year to make an afghan for a friend and makes into a beautiful afghan. Mine was made in a soft white and the pattern really stood out. I have a picture on my phone and will try to post it.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you do with your leftover yarn balls?-img_20141211_174953037-jpg. I hope this works.
    Beverly

5. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sapphire,
    That's Beautiful!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful afghan!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Sapphire your afghan is beautiful

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Jean Marie. I enjoyed making it and gave it to a friend as a thank you.
    Beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    I never throw out any scrap of yarn, the tiniest pieces are collected in baggies.
    Some are used for stuffing, some go out for the birds to build their nests in the spring.

Any yarn long enough for granny squares goes into an old picnic basket. I keep a dedicated I-9 hook in the basket and when the mood strikes me I crochet granny squares. When I have enough accumulated I use a full skein of yarn to join and turn them into granny square projects, afghans, shawls, etc, but mostly afghans. I get about 6 "unexpected" afghans a year that way.

Any yarn ends too small for granny squares but longer than 10 inches get tied together and wound into a ball of "found yarn"
    I use this found yarn to crochet Chi Ba Ba for my local Vet's office who work with the animal shelter.
    Chi Ba Ba's are merely C2C blankets made in the size of pet cages or crate to aid the animals they treat.
    What do you do with your leftover yarn balls?-coco-granny-jpg
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

11. Likes sapphire43, Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DorisAnn,
    Very Nice!!! Around each square you crocheted a tan or brown and then the 2nd row/rnd, what looks like x's, is that where you joined the squares? It's different. It gives it a design. The border on the far outside looks like scallops?