Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Penguin rug/blanket set for new granddaughter

This is for my new granddaughter, Amelia, born on Valentine's day! My daughter wanted a Penguin blanket/rug for her new baby. So I ran with the idea. I made the rug/blanket, a stuffed penguin, a diaper ruffle cover, a bra top(swim suit top) not sure what to call it but it is to cover up the upper portion of the babies privates. (Modesty you know LOL) a baby developmental ball and a baby bonnet.Penguin rug/blanket set for new granddaughter-2015-2-1-penguin-18-jpgPenguin rug/blanket set for new granddaughter-2015-2-1-penguin-blanket-rug-29-jpgPenguin rug/blanket set for new granddaughter-2015-2-1-penguin-bonnet-2-jpgPenguin rug/blanket set for new granddaughter-2015-2-1-penguin-developmental-ball-27-jpgPenguin rug/blanket set for new granddaughter-2015-2-1-penguin-diaper-cover-top-22-jpg

2. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post
    Likes justplainjudy, fabiana, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness these are all just adorable!!! Love them all and how creative you are!!! Hugs Winnie

4. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post
    Likes justplainjudy, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are all absolutely adorable! You do fantastic work.

Shelley

6. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are absolutely precious. If my friend saw that, she would snatch it in a minute for her grandson, well not the little bathing suit, LOL but the others. She loves penguins. Is that a pattern online?

Roe

8. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the patterns that I modeled my penguin stuff after. I did not purchase the pattern for the penguin rug, I just fiddled around until I got the shape correct. It took a little effort to figure out when to increase the rounds so they did not get too ruffly, frogged a few times, but was pleased with the end result. The diaper cover, bathing suit top etc I did not have a pattern for either, just went by trial and error.

Ravelry: Baby Developmental Ball pattern by The Sunroomuk (this is a free pattern)
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1866...rug?ref=market (This is a purchase pattern)
    Ravelry: Penguin pattern by Sarah Arnold (this is a free pattern)

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    they are really cute

12. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So cute n sweet!!

14. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=little drummer;161776]Here are the patterns that I modeled my penguin stuff after. I did not purchase the pattern for the penguin rug, I just fiddled around until I got the shape correct. It took a little effort to figure out when to increase the rounds so they did not get too ruffly, frogged a few times, but was pleased with the end result. The diaper cover, bathing suit top etc I did not have a pattern for either, just went by trial and error.

[url=http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-developmental-ball]Ravelry: Baby Developmental Ball pattern by The Sunroomuk[/url] (this is a free pattern)
    [url]https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/186649325/crochet-pattern-floppy-feet-penguin-rug?ref=market[/url] (This is a purchase pattern)
    [url=http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/penguin-6]Ravelry: Penguin pattern by Sarah Arnold[/url] (this is a free pattern)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I probably have something also close to the penguin rug shape. They are just too cute!!

Roe

16. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so adorable! How special for your granddaughter.

18. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi little drummer,
    That's cute! That's Adorable!!
    Jean M

20. Thanks little drummer thanked for this post