Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Thread: Rag rugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Barbara, I am going to make a copy of this and study and then try, because I need to do something with all the yarn I have stored away. Maybe next Christmas everyone in my family will get some nice that I made.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Homemade gifts are great!
    Raggy Rugs on Etsy Eco-Friendly Rugs, Home Decor, and More

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kaya and welcome, so happy to have you on crochet talk. I'm sure you will enjoy, get ideas, and offer lots. Its a great forum to be a part of. I really enjoy it, I get some many new ideas. Please don't hesitate to ask questions etc. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    The rugs are very nice. Please do tell us what width you cut the fabric. Also are they sc? Most interested in these. Wonderful gift. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeneobug,

There's a tutorial in the links/resources section, I believe, that I made and posted. Usually the strips are about 1" wide, but you can make them wider for a really thick yarn. With denim, I cut very thin strips since it's so stiff and thick anyway, about 1/4" wide. The rugs pictured with double crochet, but you can really use whatever stitch you like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that tip, what size hook do you use. I found that I have a afghan hook can't remember where I got it from (must have felt ambitious one day) and bought the hook. Would that be big enough to make a rag rug?? Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, just wanted to add my 2cents, i like this project and now know what to do with these old sheets i have! thank you for your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    The size of the hook really just depends on the size of your fabric strips and such, just like with regular yarn. I use a plastic P hook I bought at wal-mart and it's lasted me through many rugs. I tried using a Q hook, but it was a bit too big and unwieldy for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to Crochettalk BUT not new to crocheting. I have been making rag rugs for many years. I will post some pix later today. I made some for our 3 married children & their spouses. I will be adding them soon. I use alot of sheets & I LOVE to use dust ruffles because of the long continuous lengths of fabrics. (To help w re-cycling/tr-purposing..I use the center part of some of the dust ruffles as interfacing or for other projects.) I have acquired the help of our 3 toddler granddaughters, they LOVE to help me tear the strips. We do it together & they think it is SPECIAL time with Gramma & I get to do a portion of the process.

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i love to write also mona like the rug too mona