Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread: Rag rugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Good, I have also five years experience in the field. But we don't use of cheap materials in the rugs. You do that quickly I like it. We just make wool rugs with quality materials.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group Daniel. What types of items do you crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    this is a great idea! do u have instructions for this that u would like to share? ty

Post Thanks / Like
    I make rag rugs from old sheets and old knit tee shirts. have one outside my front door its been there for over a year great for wiping your feet and I just throw in the washer to clean it and they seem to never wear out.I have also made them out of old dresses or old skirts.

Post Thanks / Like
    These rugs are such easy care since they can be tossed in the washer and dryer. I have them all around my home. However, my mom did not care so much for hers because it was much looser than a braided rug. Maybe the hook was too big. I use P, Q, and S depending on the width of the strips. One time ( and never again ) I purchased material for a specific color. It cost too much and the prep work seemed intensive. I live near a place that sells material by the pound. It is already in strips and wound on a big spool. Here is the website. Dont know how much shipping would cost. I do like the idea of using sheets.

Fabric By The Pound fabric for crochet rag rugs 5-24-2011

Edited comment: Sorry. When checking the link, I did not see any inventory.
    Last edited by sheryl17; 03-04-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: No inventory at the web site

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say about the rug is AWESOME.. What a wonderful way to brighten up your home.. The color options are unlimited. I would love this pattern...

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOPS sorry...
    Last edited by Joni2U; 03-29-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous, I would like to make one someday.... Good Job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you make a tutorial, and if so, how do we view it? If not, can you tell me about how wide you tear your strips and how you connect them? Thanks for your great idea.