Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread: Rag rugs

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    The size of the hook really just depends on the size of your fabric strips and such, just like with regular yarn. I use a plastic P hook I bought at wal-mart and it's lasted me through many rugs. I tried using a Q hook, but it was a bit too big and unwieldy for me.
    Raggy Rugs on Etsy Eco-Friendly Rugs, Home Decor, and More

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to Crochettalk BUT not new to crocheting. I have been making rag rugs for many years. I will post some pix later today. I made some for our 3 married children & their spouses. I will be adding them soon. I use alot of sheets & I LOVE to use dust ruffles because of the long continuous lengths of fabrics. (To help w re-cycling/tr-purposing..I use the center part of some of the dust ruffles as interfacing or for other projects.) I have acquired the help of our 3 toddler granddaughters, they LOVE to help me tear the strips. We do it together & they think it is SPECIAL time with Gramma & I get to do a portion of the process.

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i love to write also mona like the rug too mona

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group Daniel. What types of items do you crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I make rag rugs from old sheets and old knit tee shirts. have one outside my front door its been there for over a year great for wiping your feet and I just throw in the washer to clean it and they seem to never wear out.I have also made them out of old dresses or old skirts.

Post Thanks / Like
    These rugs are such easy care since they can be tossed in the washer and dryer. I have them all around my home. However, my mom did not care so much for hers because it was much looser than a braided rug. Maybe the hook was too big. I use P, Q, and S depending on the width of the strips. One time ( and never again ) I purchased material for a specific color. It cost too much and the prep work seemed intensive. I live near a place that sells material by the pound. It is already in strips and wound on a big spool. Here is the website. Dont know how much shipping would cost. I do like the idea of using sheets.

Fabric By The Pound fabric for crochet rag rugs 5-24-2011

Edited comment: Sorry. When checking the link, I did not see any inventory.
    Last edited by sheryl17; 03-04-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: No inventory at the web site

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say about the rug is AWESOME.. What a wonderful way to brighten up your home.. The color options are unlimited. I would love this pattern...

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOPS sorry...
    Last edited by Joni2U; 03-29-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous, I would like to make one someday.... Good Job!