Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job. I love this pattern.

2. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow.....BEAUTIFUL,,,,JUST BREATHTAKING BEAUTIFUL ... You should enter that in to a Fall Fair ...It definitely needs a blue ribbon hanging from it.... Who is the lucky recipient of this gorgeous afghan? I would have to hang it on a wall ...I just would use it as a piece of art....
    or as a table cloth, like you have it displayed , but no one could sit anything on it.... Cheers. Davena
    Last edited by Davena; 02-27-2015 at 06:17 PM. Reason: was not finished.

4. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the kind remarks. It is strange how people will make comments. I posted the picture and another picture of a pillow cover within minutes and hardy anyone commented about the pillow which is much more involved and has what I feel to be a better use of color. I intended to have the rose window but could not figure out a way to hang it and keep the round shape because it weighs so much. I do appreciate the compliments, you are just too kind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrey View Post
    Thank you for the kind remarks. It is strange how people will make comments. I posted the picture and another picture of a pillow cover within minutes and hardy anyone commented about the pillow which is much more involved and has what I feel to be a better use of color. I intended to have the rose window but could not figure out a way to hang it and keep the round shape because it weighs so much. I do appreciate the compliments, you are just too kind.
    Hi John , I did see you pillow of the mandilla squares, and I thought I had commented on them also , but I must not have sent the message right...still trying to get the hang of this forum...... I have that crochet cal saved to make the afghan ,,,when I can get to a bigger city where I can get a good selection of yarn ...than I will start it...She seems to run one every year and all the blocks are quite breath taking and quite detailed.... I think a person will learn a lot of new tecniques doing these squares.... Will post some pictures when I get some made.... probably wont be till summer time...lol...Happy Hooking...Davena

7. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John,
    the first thing I said when I saw your afghan is Wow! I'll look for a picture of your pillow cover too. You must've ben crocheting a long time to get that good!
    Jean Marie

9. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been crocheting for only 61 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrey View Post
    I have been crocheting for only 61 years.
    Only 61 years, lol wow, Great for you ... Do you have a favorite pattern???? Cheers...Davena

12. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh wow this is very beautiful! Great results!

14. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Davena, you asked what is my favorite pattern and that tends to be rather difficult because I like so many. After giving it some thought I would have to say by favorite is a pineapple table cloth followed by a queen sized bed spread both made out oh crochet thread. I will post a picture of the table cloth in the picture section now.

Post Thanks / Like
    John, we'd love to see all the photos you have of your work! You're very talented.

Shelley

17. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post