Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  15
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I tell you about my first chevron fail? Trust me, THAT was a trainwreck...
    lol, no need for embarrassment. Most of us have been there at least once

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, it's through this type of sad results that we are kept humble! You have to keep challenging yourself though, or we will stop learning. And that is what makes life interesting after all. I think it's a great first effort at something new. We can't be perfect the first time we try something or why would we bother trying it again? I commend you for your bravery to post the picture. It's easy to post things that turned out well and we know others will love them. It's another thing altogether to post something that didn't. But never let it beat you! I have confidence that your next C2C will be gorgeous!!!
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, I've got it! Just change the name to "The Kite Afghan"! It looks like a perfect kite! LOL You have to keep your sense of humor, right?
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone, thanks so much for your support and encouragement!

LOL Mark, too funny! Someone else said it looked like a boat sail haha. I'll definitely make another one. I plan to take it apart and redo it. The first half is just too pretty to not try again with the second half.

Shelley

5. Likes yayamama liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you inadvertently over increased or over decreased. I have trouble with that and have to count and remeasure constantly - and I have been crocheting for 50 years! It is upsetting when you want to give it away. . . It happened to me once with a wedding gift. I still cringe when I think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Diagonals are tough patterns

Looks like you inadvertently over increased or over decreased. I have trouble with that and have to count and remeasure constantly - and I have been crocheting for 50 years! It is upsetting when you want to give it away. . . It happened to me once with a wedding gift. I still cringe when I think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Neva give up

Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I finished up my very first corner to corner afghan and I'm so disappointed. Half of it came out way too small. It was the second half I did, when I started decreasing. The pattern was confusing to me so I watched a YouTube video on how to decrease. I thought I understood it, but obviously I didn't.

It's fairly large. In the photo it's on top of a full size bed.

Guess I'll give it to the dogs to sleep on.

Shelley
    Young lady, there is no reason for disappointment. Don't you know that most things in life are not
    perfect the very first time.? And all of us crocheters know this to be true. My beloved mother told me to take
    out every bedspread I made for nearly 3yrs! Mine came out like a triangle! I started with 125 stitches
    and finished with 108! WTH? So, like the rest of us, U can take it out & start again, or leave it as is, & keep it, reminding yourself, this is your first. Or U can give it to your dog, cause he will love U know matter
    what. Treat yourself to some "Stitch Markers" : Hobby Lobby, Michael's & maybe JoAnne's has them. They will help U keep count. Be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day. U will make many more afghans!

Deana / NC

9. Likes yayamama liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry Shelley! After spending all that time working on it and have it turn out different than your pattern. I would unpick and try again when you feel better about this fiasco.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for posting. I have been fighting a doily pattern for a while and your posting gave me the courage to put it aside for a while and look at it later. The colors on your C2C are BEAUTIFUL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone has made/done things that have not turned out. I also believe that nothing is perfect, only God can make things perfect♥. We live & learn as we keep trying. Your color are beautiful.