Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    we are all our worst critics.. i am the same way whether it's my crochet or my paint shop pro...

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley: I think you problem with it is COUNTING, every couple rows I count my block (that is what I call them) Like making a 12 by 16 swatch. start with 1 block the next row 2 next row 3 until you get 12. then on one side you no longer chain 5 or 6 (depending on your pattern) you only chin 3 to get to the top of the first block going the other way then on the side you want longer you still chain 5 or 6 again depending what your pattern calls for and keeping increasing until you reach 16. then you start crocheting 3 to get to the next box and if your tension is the same you will come out with a 14 by 16. Try to make a little smaller just to get the idea in your head use that for a wash rag, table runner dresser scarf etc. I sure hope this helped you rather than confusing you.
    Charlye
    I will help you all I can as I make a lot of preemie baby afghans with this pattern. I also made full sizes on for the neighbor guy next door an for his wife (they keep the snow off I sidewalk an our drive) so I want to make something special for them and this pattern goes real fast and the pattern is easy to memorize so You don't have to keep checking pattern. But I do find I count at least every other row to catch any mistakes. Sure hope this helps.. I did the same thing on my first one.

Post Thanks / Like
    My family has a saying "there are NO mistake JUST a new design!"

4. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are under pictures so if you arrow back 1 screen;
    then go to " Official September granny squares" etc
    then go down to the 5th topic
    the second is a corner to corner granny square:
    my preemie c to c will post under charlye's preemie pictures: these show how you can make them any sizes.
    :Hope this helps
    charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye, I think I will make a C2C wash cloth just to practice on until I get the hang of it. Thanks so much for your help!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Just seeing this today. Glad to see this interaction/'Talk" among the crochet ladies here. Super!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't ever fill be embarrassed with your work.Your blanket is still pretty. But I am like Roe. You may have skipped some stitches when you decreased. That is what it look like to me as well. Love ya!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, You did a great job on the first half of your beautiful afghan...As experienced crocheters who have succeeded at learning the craft, sometimes forget that when we are being introduced to a new format of doing something we think we should get it right. But we forget , we are basically back to being a beginner as it is the first time trying this technique, and we have to try several times and be kind to ourselves. like we did when we first started out.. I hope you do not give up on this and do try another one until you have it figured out. Looks to me like you have just missed getting one part correct. I have just been seeing this concept showing up on different sites I am on, and have watched Mikeys you tube video on it and have to say the hardest part did look like when you had to decrease the other side. I hope to try a small doll blanket for gds.
    when I am finished my other projects.
    You will be doing this like a pro in no time. Practice and be kind to yourself....Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't b embarrassed. You've been crocheting a long time, so you know that missing one stitch can cause everything to go askew. I had one that was frogged so many times I thought I'd wear out the yarn. I put it away bc I was mad at it. (Mature,right?) In the end it was beautiful and the person I had made it for absolutely loves it. Give it a rest and go back to it, it's very pretty. It's worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Debbie, as I'm sure you know this took me DAYS to make. And I was so happy with the colors I chose. I was going to give it to my sister who is hoping to get pregnant again via invitro in March. I'm just so disgusted by it. It's depressing.

Shelley
    Hey Shelley, mistakes are how we learn you know! I read some one wrote that the imperfections in our pieces are what makes it hand made! I know you don't feel that way about your C2C but I'm just trying to cheer you up a little. We've all made mistakes and we'll make the Your problem is teaching a lot of people what not to do, so you're helping a lot of people too! again! I've not gotten around to making a C2C yet myself, so this is helping me a lot. Hang in there bamachick!