Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Afghan of her favorite colors

A gift of favorite colors............ Afghan of her favorite colors-imag1361_medium2-jpgAfghan of her favorite colors-imag1372_medium2-jpg

2. Likes Mary Laposta, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a beautiful afghan! I love the "fringe" border. Do you have a pattern for it? I like to use borders like yours instead of the standard fringe.

Thanks so much!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the pattern. It is from "Around the Corner Crochet Borders" I love all the different borders in the book!

Base rnd, each side: Multiple of 6 + 5 + corner sts.

Begin 6 sts to left of corner st. Rnd 1: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch-2), skip 2 sts, *[dc in next st, ch 2, skip 2 sts**] to corner st, (dc, ch 2) three times in corner st, skip 2 sts; rep from * around, ending last repeat at **, join with slip st to 3rd ch of ch-5.

Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in same st, Make Frill, *2 sc in next ch-2 space, [sc in next dc, 2 sc in next ch-2 space**, sc in next dc, Make Frill, 2 sc in next ch-2 space] to corner st, 3 sc in corner st, 2 sc in next ch-2 space, sc in next dc, Make Frill; rep from * around, ending last rep at **, join with slip st to first sc. Fasten off.

STITCHES & NOTES Make Frill: Ch 2, (ch 6, dc in 5th ch from hook) six times — six petals made — turn; working from right to left along petals just made, Partial dc between two petals, (Partial tr between next two petals) three times, Partial dc between next two petals, insert hook into base ch of first petal and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through all 7 loops on hook to gather pendant, slip st in next 2 ch. Partial dc: Yarn over, insert hook into stitch or space indicated and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook. Partial tr: (Yarn over) twice, insert hook into stitch or space indicated and pull up a loop, (yarn over and pull through 2 loops on hook) two times.

Eckman, Edie (2010-05-17). Around the Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful, Creative Crocheted Edgings with Charts and Instructions for Turning the Corner Perfectly Every Time (Kindle Locations 434-447). Workman Publishing. Kindle Edition.

5. Thanks Mary Laposta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a really pretty afghan. I have that book too, tons of cool borders. I find lately I fringe less and less.

Roe

7. Likes BobbieJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for typing out the pattern.... I really appreciate it!

Shelley

9. Likes BobbieJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    BobbieJoe, that is a lovely afghan! xoxoxo Lynda

11. Thanks BobbieJoe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a Beautiful afghan BobbyJoe. Thank you for sharing the fringe pattern as well. Mary

13. Thanks BobbieJoe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful afghan, love the colors and border.

15. Thanks BobbieJoe thanked for this post