Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Wall plaque

Post Thanks / Like

Wall plaque

Here is the barest beginnings of the plaque for my friend in the nursing home. First let me say one of these is my coat just patiently sitting there, folded up, with what I think I am going to use as a lining, waiting for me to get back to it!

OK, Now the other ones are my practice at forming letters on a scrap piece of plastic canvas. There is the first word "Thru" (short version because she said spell it that way. It gives me more room anyway. Then you can see the papers where I sketched my ideas of a scroll. I just concentrated on what the ends should look like. I will be stretching it out longer. In fact have already done that with the canvas. It really is quite large. I think it is the longest piece of plastic canvas you can buy. I've had 2 long pieces for a long time. I will put one on the back to cover the frazzled pieces of yarn when it is finished with the embroidery. I will post the finished project when it is completed. I am excited about it now that I am into it!!!! Attachment 4261Attachment 4262Attachment 4263Attachment 4264

2. Likes libertylady64, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. What is it? I have never seen these things
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    great idea! can't wait to see the finished project!

Post Thanks / Like
    I orgot Patty! What is the whole scroll going to say?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom View Post
    I orgot Patty! What is the whole scroll going to say?
    The wall plaque will say "Thru The Years With......" That is what I am making. But she had a family member or friend give her a board that says "Amazing Grace" and hung it on the wall already. With my plaque and the board together, It will read this way..".Thru The Years With... Amazing Grace". Her name is Grace Geraldine xxxxxx. Her nickname is Amazing Grace. She asked me if I could make something to hang above "Amazing Grace" that says "Thru The Years With...." Get it?
    "Thru The Years with..."
    "Amazing Grace"

She is 86 years old and asked me to do this and I am happy to do it for her. She said could I make it look like a scroll? So I just sat down and took an old envelope and sketched it out and asked her " Do you mean something like this? " She immediately says "YES! I knew you could do!!" She will be happy with it I know. We worked together for over 20 some years with our desks put side by side with no space between them. I was Head bookkeeper and she was Assisstant Head bookkeeper. To this day we poke fun at each other saying "I thought YOU were Head bookkeeper! and the other one says "well I always I thought YOU were head bookkeeper !!!" Then we have a good laugh.
    Last edited by redhead; 04-20-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello. What is it? I have never seen these things
    It is something to hang on the wall. I just explained it to Magnolia Blossom. You can read the post to her for the complete explanation. When it's finished I will post it. Happy doily making .BTW I got my Butterfly loom and haven't had a chance to make anything yet. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    You are doing beautiful work - and I think that lining will look awesome with that coat!!