Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

cocheted pillows

Here is 4 pillows I finished a good while go.

Pic #1 is a little worn now and needs washing and the backside is all green like the border on the front.

Pic#2 needs a bigger pillow insert inside it, and is the the back side of the pic with rose on it.

The next 2 pics are the front the back side of a pillow that is made of 2 of the 4 big squares I posted a good while back that I didn't know what to do with. Now I know and I think I will make another pillow as soon as I locate the other 2 big squares. (Actually the bottom of it is not sewn together yet and has a good pillow inside that I don't want to leave in there).

No patterns were used , I just crocheted at random and this is what I came up with.

Patty

With pillow #1, I started with a rectangle by crocheting several rows of different colors until I have a rectangle done and then a border around that with a solid color and then I used variegated yarn around in the regular granny square pattern stitches (like 3 dc and sp and 3 dc's then another border of a solid color and continue from there. Pretty much all of it is just clusters of 3 dc's with a space between. It's hard to explain because as I said I just started crocheting and ended up with a piece big enough to make into a pillow. Just try it and post a picture of what you have when you finish your pillow. It's fun to try stuff without a pattern! Patty
    Attached Images Attached Images cocheted pillows-pillows-001-jpg cocheted pillows-pillows-005-jpg cocheted pillows-pillows-002-jpg cocheted pillows-pillows-003-jpg cocheted pillows-pillows-006-jpg 
    Last edited by redhead; 10-12-2014 at 10:05 AM.

2. Thanks aporfirio thanked for this post
    Likes cybarra, Mary Laposta, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice and colorful
    Krys

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They are all so colorful and cool looking. I like #4 the best, the one with the flower in the middle (at least to me, it looks like a flower or even a butterfly).

Roe

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    The pillows are pretty! Did you line the pillows before putting in the stuffing and sewing them together? I have 4 squares that I sewed lining in(just sewed, didn't pin it first) and now I'm ready to put stuffing in them and sew/crochet them together. I'll crochet the 3 sides before I put the stuffing in. Should I use a whip stitch when sewing them together?Any ideas?
    Also, the blanket I'm making for a wedding present;well, I'm partial and I'd like to keep the blanket for myself. Not sure what I"m going to do about the blanket.

8. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, I love all the colors!

Shelley

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good work Patty. They are all lovely. I just love all the different colors.

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great job on each of them, Patty. I love all the colour combos you used. I especially like the one with the Irish motif & mauve/purple border reminds me of a kelidescope. I'd love to make one like that too. I made a rose centered one for a friend, but I may have cheated a bit when I bought a ready made solid pillow already stuffed. (I happened to find them at such a good deal, I couldn't resist) She and I always exchange something homemade at Christmas, and I know her bedroom is mauve... If you ever decide to write out the pattern for it, please let me know.
    Mary

14. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love your pillows! Very creative!

16. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, how pretty your pillows turned out. You said you didn't know when you made the pillows what you were going to do with them but now you think you do. So, I was wondering what you decided to do with them, if you don't mind sharing. I too like the pattern you used for pillow # 4. That one is my favorite. I can only hope that the 2 pillows I am going to make will turn out just as pretty as yours. xoxoxo Lynda

18. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, colorful pillows my dear Patty! Such a creative woman! I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing! Love ya, Betty Lynn

20. Thanks redhead thanked for this post