Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Organizing Paper Patterns in Notebook

Organizing patterns in notebook....Does anyone have a unique idea on how to do this easily? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jakesgrandma, I get binders at goodwill for .99 all baby things in one, doilies in a big binder. Hats, mittens, scarves in one, etc. that's my way of doing it. you can also separate items with dividers. Hope this helps.....Sharon

3. Thanks jakesgrandma thanked for this post
    Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I put my paper patterns, either printed from the computer or the little leaflets from the stores, into those plastic pages and then also put them in binders. I try to keep each binder for one category, like hats/scarves/clothing or afghans or home décor.

Roe

5. Thanks jakesgrandma thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hi, Jakesgrandma I have put them in the plastic sheets and have several binders, Baby things in one, shawls in another and afghans in another. My daughter teaches school and wanted some of the binders for some of her papers. I got them in the school things that WalMart had on sale and got way too many so I kept some and they really keep the patterns real nice. My husband had a lot of songs in the plastic sheets so I got a lot of them for my patterns. I think all the binders are on sale in the school isle. You might check and see. I paid a quarter apiece for mine. Hope you have fun putting them together.
    Margaret

7. Thanks jakesgrandma thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the 3 ring plastic ones. They are all different colors. Margaret

9. Thanks Vornie, jakesgrandma thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I do a different binder for every category then I also take a picture the project when it is complete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Debbie, Taking a picture of the finished product is a good idea. I never use the colors that they use in the picture. But if I had a picture I can match it up. I do use the stitch and most of the time I use the yarn they call for. I have a bag with baby blankets in it up in the closet. If I am not around when the next baby comes along there will be a blanket done for it. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess my obsession is worse, since I have patterns categorized by file folders in a 2-drawer file cabinet. YIKES - (to be honest, I have loads more that could go into another drawer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy the plastic holders from the dollar store and put them in then I take colored paper and I write the different catagories on each one. I use a different color for each category. Like for Easter I use yellow, for Christmas I use red and so on. I use a paper punch and put holes in the colored paper then I put them in the binder and put the plastic sheets behind each one. That way I can look right away to find what I need and I try to put all my patterns in alphabetical order so I don't have to search through all of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesgrandma View Post
    Organizing patterns in notebook....Does anyone have a unique idea on how to do this easily? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    I use a large 3-ring binder with plastic sheets to keep my patterns. You can organize them alphabetically or anyway you want. Patterns are easy to read and stay clean.