Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Two more prayer shawls

Hi. Finally remembered to take a pic of the latest prayer shawls which will be turned in at the August 1 meeting. The purple grannies (done in the join as you go, so easy) are shades of dark plum (almost looks black in the pic, but they are really dark plum and dark orchids) and orchids. Sometimes they come out blue, at least they are truer to the colors in this pic. This is four down and twelve across.

The green and tan one is an adaptation of the twin stitch blanket, just made it less wide. My group only requires 20-22 inches wide and 60 inches long.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9901[/ATTACH]

Hope you like them.

Roe
    Attached Images Attached Images Two more prayer shawls-prayer-shawls-jpg 

2. Thanks Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love your prayer shawls Roe!! They will make someone very happy and warm!! Such a nice thing for you to do I really need to do more donations!! Have a good night :-) love, prayers and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Your shawls are beautiful! I love the purple one a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    wow your prayer shawls are beautiful . one of these days I'm gonna try to make some but, have too many other projects right now. very nice makes me want to try
    You are making someone feel blessed and I know they appreciate your work. love Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Hi. Finally remembered to take a pic of the latest prayer shawls which will be turned in at the August 1 meeting. The purple grannies (done in the join as you go, so easy) are shades of dark plum (almost looks black in the pic, but they are really dark plum and dark orchids) and orchids. Sometimes they come out blue, at least they are truer to the colors in this pic. This is four down and twelve across.

The green and tan one is an adaptation of the twin stitch blanket, just made it less wide. My group only requires 20-22 inches wide and 60 inches long.

Two more prayer shawls-prayer-shawls-jpg

Hope you like them.

Roe
    Nice work.
    I only done granny squares once, years ago.. That was a small afghan for a child. By the time I was done with that I promised my self: "never again!". I got so fad-up with all those pesky tails to weave...
    So far I kept my promise.
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    I love them both, Roe! They're both very nice. I also love the crochet filet piece on the back of your couch.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pixieglitter;141521]I love them both, Roe! They're both very nice. I also love the crochet filet piece on the back of your couch. :)

Shelley[/QUOTE]
    Thank you, that was a filet yarn crochet afghan I did for a local restoration fair, my first entry ever and I won second place ribbon.

I was more excited because I saw my name was in print never thought that I would win anything.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe, your shawls are so very pretty. I too like the filet piece on your couch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your shawls are beautiful. You do great work. I really like the filet one on your couch. I want to try filet one day just have not got around to it yet. You are truely blessed with a wonderful gift. As soon as I can buy more yarn I want to start making lapghans for the nursing home and hats and scarves for our local shelter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Thank you, that was a filet yarn crochet afghan I did for a local restoration fair, my first entry ever and I won second place ribbon.

I was more excited because I saw my name was in print never thought that I would win anything.

Roe
    Lovely prayer shawls, Roe. And like the other ladies I noticed the filet piece on the back of your couch. Absolutely beautiful! Congrats on second place for that piece, but I think you should have won first.
    Karen