Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

I can't read charts to save my life - can someone please tell me the directions ?

Hello!
    I can't read crochet charts to save my life, so I was wondering if anyone would be so kind and tell me the directions for this?
    I am sure its super simple and I will smack my forehead as soon as someone says it and I will think "wow, I can't believe I am that dumb!"
    But I am

Thank you for your help!I can't read charts to save my life - can someone please tell me the directions ?-ponto-cro-gra-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but I can't help you. What is this crochet chart for? What is it directions for to make? I saw your question had a lot of views but no replies so I wanted to reply to let you know that your question has been seen. I know this doesn't help you any and I wish I could help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just learning charts too, though prefer written patterns yet myself. You see where it shows a 6 at the bottom? That 6 is for pattern repeat. So the foundation chain you'll make for what ever length you want will be a multiple of six ch sts. plus 1 for turning.

Foundation pattern begins in this particular sample is chain 32, sc in 2nd st from hook, * ch6, sl st into 4th ch from hook (= picot made), dc into base of same st, work a picot in top of the dc st just made. work 4 more dc with picot into same st. (= shell made). skip 5 ch sts. sc into next st. * Repeat *-* to end of row. sc in last st.
    working back along top of row just worked, ch 10, sc in next st. ( in picot space above ch at start of shell), *ch 5, sc in next st (in picot space above ch at start of shell) * Repeat between *-* to end of row.

R1: repeat above sequences working across between *'s and then back between *'s for pattern until desired length is achieved.

I hope this helps.

4. Likes CrochetNana41 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    opps.. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention always ch 10 at end of each row before working back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa, thanks Mary!!
    and it was a pattern to make a scarf - I lost the website link but once I find it again I will share it.

7. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are most welcome, Dear. And.. btw.. there is no such thing as a dumb question.. seriously!.. hugs!!

9. Likes jfrasier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't I see someone post this link on here for reading charts? They're patterns in picture form basically, the symbols that re lines w/hash marks represent stitches like single, dc, hdc, etc., the ovals represent chains, and the likes of that. It's becoming more clear to me as I see more of them, but I need written to go with it for now and videos are good, too. I'm still a learner even though I've made a lot of projects, so I use everything at my disposal. I've even made things without patterns, which was exciting! As I said before, I have difficulty finding my way around on this crochet site, so I'm possibly re-posting but this is a very good chart link. If someone posted it, thank you to them because it's really helpful in explaining how to read charts:

Crochet in Rounds. How to Read Crochet Charts.

11. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post