Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My July Squares so far

My July Squares so far-20140718_215921-jpgMy July Squares so far-20140718_220157-jpgMy July Squares so far-20140718_220453-jpg

#1 is Jean Marie Purple and yellow. I have never seen this pattern before,( sorry Jean I spelt you name wrong(Jan),
    #2 I also spelt cablestitches wrong I had a r in it. (and I don't know how to make the heart before her name (So Sorry).
    Deep green and white this has a special meaning to us It is a fan.
    #3 Is Shirly's such a pretty peach, yellow and white Such beautiful colours together.
    #4 Is Mash52 with what look like pineapples in it, I love pineapples.
    #5 Is Susan136 lavender another colour I like very much and it has a heart on top of the square.
    #6 Is Joyyyy a beautiful gold colour with xxx's in the pattern (I didn't spell her name wrong teeeheee
    I have never had a duplicate in all the squares I have a two of the same colour but none totally exact. But their patterns were very different.
    So wonderful to have so many so different.
    Thank all you for July squares, I can hardly wait to see the rest that I have laid out and get them put together to see how they come out.
    It will be fun placing them out just so--- or do I put them by the month that I got them ----We will see.
    Thanks you each and everyone who has sent me squares from the very beginning. I love each and every one they are all special because
    they came from YOU. each and Everyone of you.
    charlye ((HUGS)) feeling melancholy tonight. so many special people in my life right now all from CT. nite.

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes Lynda Fey, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Charlye,
    I think what I did for your square is -I started w/purple. the 1st 2 rows were probably sc or hdc. then I think I did dc for a few rows. Then I did the sc or hdc that I started w/for the next 2 rows. Then I decided to change color to yellow which might've been hdc or dc I'm not sure. (I thought maybe it was the afghan stitch but it doesn't look like that) I'm not sure if I did the strips of yellow or the purple edging was 1st. I probably did the yellow 1st. Anyways I slip stitched across the purple(that's in dc) w/the yellow. Then I decide to crochet around just 3 of the edges. I didn't have a pattern. I just wanted to do something different. I hope you like it.
    Jean Marie

4. Likes Mary Laposta, Lynda Fey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Charlye,
    I think what I did for your square is -I started w/purple. the 1st 2 rows were probably sc or hdc. then I think I did dc for a few rows. Then I did the sc or hdc that I started w/for the next 2 rows. Then I decided to change color to yellow which might've been hdc or dc I'm not sure. (I thought maybe it was the afghan stitch but it doesn't look like that) I'm not sure if I did the strips of yellow or the purple edging was 1st. I probably did the yellow 1st. Anyways I slip stitched across the purple(that's in dc) w/the yellow. Then I decide to crochet around just 3 of the edges. I didn't have a pattern. I just wanted to do something different. I hope you like it.
    Jean Marie
    I love your square, everyone's square is so special as it is a part of them that make the square so I Love them all, as I love all of you. charlye

6. Likes Lynda Fey, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlye View Post
    I love your square, everyone's square is so special as it is a part of them that make the square so I Love them all, as I love all of you. charlye
    Hi Charlye,
    That was sweet! Thank You!

8. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye, what pretty squares you have received. I'm sure however you arrange them the finished product will be very pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye, Yes I agree it is something how we get such different squares they are going to make a unique throw. I'm labeling all of them right now with paper but hope to switch to material so it can be washable and keep everyones name & state where they came from. like jean does on her square. By the way the way I put a heart before ♥cablestitches is hold down Alt then press the 3 on your # pad not the #'s above the letter keys. Love Debbie
    ☺ ☻ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ • : ○ these are symbols from 1 thru 9 holding down alt then pressing the #

11. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering, what does everyone do with the notes that come with their squares? I'm looking for ideas on how to store or keep all the messages that come with my squares. Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    lynda, maybe start a scrap book with photo next to note . Thanks for that ? good idea. also you can highlight message and photos and print them up for the book. Debbie

14. Thanks Lynda Fey thanked for this post
    Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Debbie, that's a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ♥cablestitches View Post
    Charlye, Yes I agree it is something how we get such different squares they are going to make a unique throw. I'm labeling all of them right now with paper but hope to switch to material so it can be washable and keep everyones name & state where they came from. like jean does on her square. By the way the way I put a heart before ♥cablestitches is hold down Alt then press the 3 on your # pad not the #'s above the letter keys. Love Debbie
    ☺ ☻ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ • : ○ these are symbols from 1 thru 9 holding down alt then pressing the #
    Hi Debbie,
    I have some squares made that has a label w/my name. I need to make labels w/other peoples names for the squares they send to me. It would be good to put the state on too. Good idea.

I didn't know that about the symbols either. Thanks! I just tried that w/the symbols and it didn't work.
    Jean Marie