Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Around my yard

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, the little birds are so pretty. The other day I saw a red cardinal on my patio. I am also considering getting a bird bath, one website had a nice one in heavy plastic in the shape of a daisy, which would be easier for me to move around, just have to anchor the bottom with sand. Birds don't bother me but a bear, oh no!!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Trude thanks for posting the names of the birds I have never seen a Scarlet Tanager -live- I have seen the other two. I don't have a decent cameras right now I usually use my I phone camera which takes good pics but not from a distance. We have tons of birds here in central Va. Right now the Cedar Wax Wings are here for the cherries! I wish I could keep them around but you know how it is some birds don't hang around they go wherever they can get the food they like best! I especially love the hummingbirds we have but I'm beginning to think other people have hung feeders for them this year bc we don't see them as much as last year. I'm very careful to change their food every couple days so I know it isn't that. I would love to have a birdbath I think I will look into one. I too just love, love birds they just amaze me and some of them, which I have yet to see lol, sre so colorful it's like they were hand painted. Well I guess God painted them didn't He? We have lots of deer here which I also love, so many we have to be pretty careful at night. Have not seen a baby yet this year hope I will!! As for the bears I would love to see them, well I have in the Smokies but not very close! I know we have to respect their territories but I love them. Actually there aren't too many animals I don't like but I have to say birds top the list!! Thanks again for posting the wonderful pics. Have a great day hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I forgot, how could I, the woodpeckers!! I love them too we have the Downy, Hairy, Yellow Bellied, Flicker, Red Headed, and the big woody woodpecker called The Pilated they are huge!! We absolutely love the woodpeckers and make sure we provide for them. My husbands great aunt had a macaw for 20 plus years he would talk and talk!! Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the birds too. They are the easiest to photograph right now. We have all the woodpeckers also, and nuthatch, chickadee, and blue jays. Somewhere I have a picture (not a very good one) of 2 piliated woodpeckers. I was so lucky to get the shot I did.
    We used to have a feeder that we would put corn into for the deer. Until corn got too expensive. But, when we did feed them I had them eating out of my hand. It was the same deer, but she would cautiously walk up to me and when I put my hand out she would eat. I miss feeding them.
    I think Spring is the most exciting time in the woods. Everything is so brand new. All the babies, and new growth on the plants. Some of our wildflowers are just now starting to come up. I will take some photos when they emerge from their winter hiding places.