Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Dona

Post Thanks / Like

Dona

This is my second doilie. I really love pineapple patterns. I,have,also,made rugs from the magic square pattern. They are quite fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images Dona-img_20140427_155957-jpg Dona-img_20140508_101650-jpg Dona-img_20140508_101602-jpg 

2. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dona,

Thanks for posting your lovely work! I love the pineapple doily. I used to make a lot of doilies and need to get back to making them again. I would really love to make a rug like yours. Would you be willing to share your pattern?
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ,Jo, for your kind reply. If you google the magic square pattern,it is easy to find. The pattern is for a hot pad and I just increased the beginning chain to about 110 and used two strands of scrap worsted weight yarn. You simply single crochet down the chain and put three single crochet in the last chain. Then continue with single crochet on the other side of the chain putting three single crochet in the last.chain. Continue on around with the single crochet without increasing. The rug will fold over upon itself and you keep going until you have a rectangle of your liking and sew or crochet the seam together. This rug is reversible and the fun part is seeing how it turns out!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donna, Thanks for explaining the pattern to me. It sounds super easy. My kind of project!! I'll Google it for sure!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

p.s. I just downloaded the pattern....THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dona View Post
    Thanks ,Jo, for your kind reply. If you google the magic square pattern,it is easy to find. The pattern is for a hot pad and I just increased the beginning chain to about 110 and used two strands of scrap worsted weight yarn. You simply single crochet down the chain and put three single crochet in the last chain. Then continue with single crochet on the other side of the chain putting three single crochet in the last.chain. Continue on around with the single crochet without increasing. The rug will fold over upon itself and you keep going until you have a rectangle of your liking and sew or crochet the seam together. This rug is reversible and the fun part is seeing how it turns out!
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 05-21-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work! I love doily and rectangles too - they are so nice and colorful
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I love them,too! I am considering a rectangular pineapple tablecloth. Could you recommend a kind of thread to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know. I use #30 thread for filet pieces... it s all
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן