Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My songbook for church with it's new cover!

Here are pictures of the project I just finished. My songbook that I carry to church is black (was black) and I decided to make a cover for it. I used plastic canvas and yarn in shades of green, kinda mossy green. When I finished ( without a pattern) I had one heck of a time trying to get it on the notebook. It didn't want to go into the pockets on the ends of each side! I thought Oh NO! ...all that work and it isn't going to fit! BUT... I pulled a trick out of my bag and cut a piece of cardboard cut out of a cereal box and placed it inside the pockets and...what do you know.... it slid in so easy and (really still not so easy) I got the book in it's new cover . Then I pulled the cardboard out and it really fits very snugly in it's new cover. I probably will never take it out again so that's great! I pushed and pulled and anything else I could think of to get it in and finally figured out the cardboard trick! You know what they say... where there's a will there's a way!! Hope you all like it! Patty
    Attached Images Attached Images My songbook for church with it's new cover!-notebook-cover-001-jpg My songbook for church with it's new cover!-notebook-cover-002-jpg My songbook for church with it's new cover!-notebook-cover-003-jpg My songbook for church with it's new cover!-notebook-cover-004-jpg My songbook for church with it's new cover!-notebook-cover-005-jpg 

2. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Patty! You did a good job!

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    That's a cool looking folder!
    Jean Marie

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really a terrific looking songbook cover!!! You did a great job, love the colors.

Roe

8. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty that is just terrific!! Looks great too!! That would be great for bible covers too don't ya think? You are sooo clever!!! Have a great day love you Winnie

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Patty that is just terrific!! Looks great too!! That would be great for bible covers too don't ya think? You are sooo clever!!! Have a great day love you Winnie
    You know I just think I may make one for my bible too. Same color, same style. And with a little handle to carry it with. I didn't think of that until you suggested it. Thanks for the idea. I have been crocheting my 6 in. squares for the May exchange. I wanted to make some different from the regular granny pattern. So I got out my craft pattern notebook and found some that I have never tried yet and they are looking good. I have 6 made already. If the pattern turns out too big I just do it again with a size smaller hook and usually it hits 6 in. right on the nose. If I have to, I just add another row or leave off a row so it comes out at 6 inches. It usually works out pretty good. I think I will include the patterns with the squares and I try to always add the name tag to the back of the squares. I hope we keep doing this for a few more months. I am really enjoying it. Love and hugs to ya all from redhead/Patty

12. Likes missro007, Lynda Fey liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, Your songbook cover is just beautiful! Your colors and pattern are perfect and really jazzed up the black folder! I like Winnie's idea of a Bible cover to match. Everyone at your church will want you to make them one!!! You could sell them!
    Thanks for posting your pics.... Please post the Bible cover when you finish it too.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

14. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty did nice job. Nice design. I made one similiar for my bible My songbook for church with it's new cover!-img_0913-jpg My songbook for church with it's new cover!-img_0912-jpg from ♥ cablestitches / Debbie

16. Thanks dancingbaehr, redhead thanked for this post
    Likes dancingbaehr, Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a fantastic job! I love it! What a great idea. Great colors!

18. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty, cablestitches/Debbie.

20. Thanks redhead thanked for this post