Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

My 1st special baby dress

This darling dress was made using the Solomon's Knot or Love Knot. It was akward at 1st but once I got the hang of it, I loved it. I also made a white dress with fine yarn, but made the pattern horizontal with only a single crochet in between each row of knots. I have had many positive comments on these dresses. The underslip for the white dress (not pictured) was made of #1 bamboo yarn/thread - gorgeous. Hope you like it.
    Ruth
    Attached Images Attached Images My 1st special baby dress-photos-starting-10-3-2012-016-96-jpg My 1st special baby dress-photos-starting-10-3-2012-016-89-jpg My 1st special baby dress-photos-starting-10-3-2012-016-90-jpg My 1st special baby dress-photos-starting-10-3-2012-016-98-jpg My 1st special baby dress-photos-starting-10-3-2012-016-99-jpg 

2. Thanks Ginnie256, blueeyes68 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is such a Beautiful dress!! Great job! Thanks for sharing such beautiful work!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaJoe View Post
    Beautiful work. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Thank you both - I appreciate your kind words. I try to use professionally designed patterns. I had a booth at a craft fair 2 weeks ago. I had over 50 items and it was supposed to be one of the biggest craft fairs in the area. Don't know what happened, but there were only about 12 vendors and not many people wandering around. Mostly elderly that did not have babys in their families. Had loads of positive comments and $20.00 in sales. But, did recieve orders for 4 doilies, a sunsuit w/bonnet and a helmet hat. Wasn't a total bust for my
    1st booth.
    Thank you again - we all need that affirmation.
    Ruth

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so very beautiful and adorable. You do really great work. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

7. Likes pbjones80 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Debbie, thank you - I am addicted to making baby dresses etc. But any crochet pattern that is pretty or OOHHH is added to my collection. Will be starting Flo and Floyd Flamingo for my daughter, who is a Parrot Head - she will donate it for their White Elephan Sale - they raise money for local charities. (Myrtle Beach area)
    thank you again,
    Ruth

9. Thanks blueeyes68 thanked for this post
    Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just so precious and feminine. You did a beautiful job on it.

I have never done a craft show but I have heard it can be hard at times since you never know who will come and what they are looking for. Glad you did get orders for items. That is definitely a start and good luck in any future shows (word of mouth is also a great way for sales also).

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruth: That is a gorgeous dress. You do such nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous dress. I have been expanding my crocheting to baby things. Hopefully one day I can do this too. Is there a special designer's patterns you like. Again, you did a great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    No special designer - I purchase many from Annies and Maggie Weldon - and search crochet web pages of ladies who design professionally. I just bought one from Sugar Toe Babies. Her work is adorable. I think the main thing when crocheting an item is your choice of yarn (type and color) - Just because a yarn is on sale I won't buy it if the color isn't right. I have seen items at craft fairs that was made of ugly yarn. I realize everyones tastes are different, but I like the concept of "oh how adorable". haha that is my hubbys word for an item when I ask his "opinion". Adorable - It is practice practice practice - I learned to crochet when I was about 7 or 8 and made small items as a teen. Then in my 30's to 40's made christening gowns for friends. then had to stop for a number of years. This past year we retired and move to MB area and EVERY day I have crocheted for the past year, anywhere from 2 to 12 hrs. daily. I see the progress in my work from a year ago to what I do now and it has improved greatly. But then I am a pefectionist too.
    Thank you all again for your support. It means a lot. I will post my latest work later this week.
    Ruth

14. Likes pbjones80 liked this post