Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Silver-gray ladies cape

Another of my projects. The pattern I used was for a hooded baby cape, which I have been crocheting since the '70s. Instead of makeing the hood, I extended the hood pattern to the front edges of the cape and of course didn't join the rows. I crocheted a fastener loop and added a large jeweled round button for closure.
    I used the boucle baby yarn and it crocheted up very quickly.
    Hope you like it.
    Ruth
    Attached Images Attached Images Silver-gray ladies cape-photos-starting-10-3-2012-016-116-jpg Silver-gray ladies cape-photos-starting-10-3-2012-016-117-jpg Silver-gray ladies cape-photos-starting-10-3-2012-016-120-jpg 

2. Thanks blueeyes68 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's so beautiful! You did a wonderful job! This would be a great alternative to a shawl.

Thanks for sharing!
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the shawl, Ruth. The gray looks nice and seems to have some sparkly in it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a BEAUTIFUL JOB!! I really like it a lot!! Thanks for sharing such beautiful work

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. Love the color. Should go with about everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your compliments - greatly appreciated. It really was easy to make. I have used this pattern since the
    1970's for the hooded baby cape. And I thought it would be a lovely cape - so glad it came out so pretty.
    Ruth

8. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ruth this cape is lovely and would go with any thing. You did a wonderful job on it too!! Have a good evening Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ruth,
    It looks silver to me. Very Nice! Although when I first read the title of this post I thought you were talking about the color of our hair although mine isn't silver yet. I do have some gray though.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    haha I am not the lady wearing the cape - I have been a dishwater blonde with hi-lights for years. But this past few months it has all turned ugly gray- very anxious for appointment with stylist to get new hi-lights. But the yarn is a gray with a strand of silver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty, love the little sparkle in it and the closure is definitely a great idea.

Roe