Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

More Goodwill and a thrift store find

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8195[/ATTACH]

Okay, I was back as usual at my local Goodwill store over the past few days and found more yarn again. With the exception of one lone yarn cone which I found at a church thrift store today (at the end, blue standing taller), all is from my Goodwill store. While opening one of the bags, I even found three crochet hooks that someone had slipped into a couple of skeins. I poked them into the middle white skein for show. They have gotten to know me and a couple of days ago even the manager went into the donation room when I asked if there was yarn and he brought me a bag they hadn't put out yet. Today, there was none out and I had left and was walking outside the store and spotted three bags on the windowsill of the room they use for donations. Went right back in and asked if they could get them for me and sure enough, the other manager went and got them for me. The first manager said he had seen a box with knitting needles and crochet hooks and looked all over the store today since he thought of me but it was already sold. Not a problem, just the fact they remember is good enough for me.

For those of you who don't know me yet, my name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

Roe
    Attached Images Attached Images More Goodwill and a thrift store find-goodwill-thrift-store-jpg 

2. Likes DinahRoberts, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Liroe you are a true yarnaholic---lucky you----bettybee

Post Thanks / Like
    How cool is that? Lucky find and what fun to have tons of yarn! How do you store all the yarn? You're going to have to build an addition on your house just for yarn.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

5. Likes DinahRoberts, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I s really good
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    More Goodwill and a thrift store find-goodwill-thrift-store-jpg

Okay, I was back as usual at my local Goodwill store over the past few days and found more yarn again. With the exception of one lone yarn cone which I found at a church thrift store today (at the end, blue standing taller), all is from my Goodwill store. While opening one of the bags, I even found three crochet hooks that someone had slipped into a couple of skeins. I poked them into the middle white skein for show. They have gotten to know me and a couple of days ago even the manager went into the donation room when I asked if there was yarn and he brought me a bag they hadn't put out yet. Today, there was none out and I had left and was walking outside the store and spotted three bags on the windowsill of the room they use for donations. Went right back in and asked if they could get them for me and sure enough, the other manager went and got them for me. The first manager said he had seen a box with knitting needles and crochet hooks and looked all over the store today since he thought of me but it was already sold. Not a problem, just the fact they remember is good enough for me.

For those of you who don't know me yet, my name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

Roe
    How awesome what a great find! I never thought to ask at Goodwill but I will from now on :-). Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and you are not along with the yarnoholic problem. LOL ----crochetdiva

Post Thanks / Like
    You did great, Roe! I'm a yarn-a-holic in denial lol. I have a friend goes to yard sales and she's always on the lookout for more yarn for me. I store my yarn in big clear plastic bins with lids.

Shelley

10. Likes DinahRoberts, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You never know what you will find at any kind of thrift stores either. And I store my yarn in plastic bins, however, not all are clear ones so I am in the middle of putting same colors in each bin and then labeling them, pink, reds, blues, etc, which is taking forever. Some are in little tote bags also and plastic bags.

Never hurts to ask in these places. Sometimes they just haven't put them out yet.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, am a yarn-a-holic. Goodwill, Salvation Army, BFM I haunt them all. You did great with your find. I even have my son's girlfriend on the lookout for yarn for me when she shops. I just keep adding to my stash. I just wonder if I will ever stop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome find! I love going to our local thirftstores searching for yarn and pattern books as well.