Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya catlady, Welcome to this site.. The members are so nice and eager to assist you... I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Purple in all its tints and shades is my favorite color so I love those the most but they are all simply beautiful!

3. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    These are all beautiful! I'm proud of u! My fav is the one with all the different sized squares in those pretty colors! I did that, lady!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You made some awesome afghans!!! So glad you shared.

6. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya andreala, I would like to welcome you to this site..It's nice to meet you.. The members here are very helpful and friendly.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. I hope you enjoy Crochet Talk as much as I do... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    your afghans look very nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, you really should send me that third one. I wish I had that talent to put pleasing colors together. It must be because you are an artist. I love those bright colors. I didn't need to tell you that did I??

Post Thanks / Like
    What lovely work! Just fab!!!!
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like

clear cast projects

Attention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-018-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-019-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-020-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-021-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-022-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Patty, you really should send me that third one. I wish I had that talent to put pleasing colors together. It must be because you are an artist. I love those bright colors. I didn't need to tell you that did I??
    Hi friend of mine! Thanks for the compliments. I did have a little trouble getting that one just right so I cheated a little bit on it. Some of the blocks didn't fit together like the patterns supposedly said it would so I had to add a little here and there to make some of them fit just right. But the over all afghan is like the pattern. They weren't all supposed to be square and same size. They were supposed to look like mine did.

Did I tell you my presentation at the retirees meeting Wednesday went very well. Everybody was surprised at my art work. We all had a good time and almost all, if not everybody complimented me and said how talented they thought I was. Some of them reminded me that in time past they bought a piece of my art work. I don't remember who and how many have bought some little thing I made back there in the now far distant past (to me anyway).

Dora, the 101 year old lady ( a very delightful little old lady, I must say) had a little block of clear plastic that I had put something in with shells and other things. I think that kind of art is called Clear Cast. You mix a syrupy liquid with a few drops of something and pour it into a mold and put stuff in it and wait till that sets up and add another layer of whatever you want and let it set up and finish with the last layer to complete the form. When it is totally hard you take it out of the cast and it can be very beautiful if you put the right objects in it. I have one that is a paper weight with coins in it and a picture of the front of the old bank where I began working in 1950. Another has pictures of my Mom and her Mom (my Grandma.) Another one has a tiny glass bottle of perfume with the lid on it sitting in sand with beads sitting around it like sunken treasure. You can shake the square block and see the perfume move around in a bottle that is only about a 1/2 inch tall and around it. I don't have that one any more because I gave it to someone.

I still have the plastic molds that I used to make them. I had bought a large can of the "syrup" to make more and I have had it for so many years, unopened that it probably has turned into a brick by now! I may check it out and try some more of them someday. All the picture in this post is of the bank including a shield we all wore on our blouses. And the block shaped one is a paper weight with coins in it . The long flat one is of the front of the bank as it looked when I started in 1950. There is another post following this one with a couple of others and the foot/shoe rock I couldn't find when I posted earlier this morning. Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 02-22-2014 at 03:17 PM.

12. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

more clear cast projects and the shoe/foot painted rock

Hopefully this will finish the clear cast projects and the rock painted like a shoe and bottom of a foot that I couldn't find earlier this morning for a previous post. Attention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-023-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-024-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-017-jpgAttention Jean Marie:  my afghans-rock-jpgand the rest is finishing the clear cast projects. The clear cast project in green is mom and grandma and I am not sure what it is supposed to be used for. a paper weight I guess. And the other one is (or was, a pen holder for a desk.. but the pen holder thing is long gone. The date in that piece is 1976 even tho you can't read it in this picture. These have been around my house for over 35 years. You can't see very well who is in the water but it's my husband ( 2nd from L) and our 3 boys. Picture taken in Florida years ago in 1976.

Then there's the rock painted like a tennis shoe and bottom of a foot. Hope you girls like looking at my pictures "cause I probably will have a lot more from time to time. Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 02-22-2014 at 03:22 PM.

14. Likes crochet4fun, teresah liked this post