Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job. I loved making the Jacob's Ladder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I'm already planning another

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vlveteyes View Post
    Thank you! I'm already planning another
    Love The Pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tracy.. I'm not sure if you're saying you love the pattern of the blanket or you would love the pattern. Let me know and I can email it to you or I can post it here.. I don't think I have a link for it, I will look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi vlvseteyes, I have always wanted to do a Jacob Ladder afagan and a shawl but I need a pattern. If you have a pattern, would you mind sharing it. My email is: jnbwalk68@aol.com Thank you your blanket is beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the pattern I used:

Pattern is a multiple of 20, plus 10, plus 1. (Afghan will be a little more than half the width of your chain.)
    Note: Turning chain counts as one dc.
    To make one like the afghan in my video,
    Use a J hook, and medium worsted weight yarn.
    (I used 2 strands of yarn at once and a bigger hook and it went pretty quick)
    Make a chain: Ch 211.
    Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook, and in next 8 dc, (ch 10, skip 10 ch, dc in 10 ch) repeat across row. Turn.
    Row 2: Ch 3, sk 1 dc, (because ch-3 counts as one dc) dc in 9 dc, (ch 10, skip 10 ch, dc in 10 dc) repeat across row.
    Repeat Row 2 for length of afghan.

Climb Jacobs ladder:
    Now, beginning with the foundation chain, take your first ch-10 loop and make a twist in it, draw the ch-10 loop from the first row through it. Draw the ch-10 loop from row 2 through the ch-10 loop of row 1. Repeat all the way to the top of the afghan. Hold in place with a safety pin or stitch marker. Dc across top of afghan. When you get to the twist Dc before it sc into the loop and Dc after it catching each chain loop in the sts.
    Sc across bottom of afghan making a Dc in the twist of each of the chain loops.
    Finish up by drawing in loose tails.

**I didn't like the sides unfinished, so I didn't finish off at the end. I did 3 sc in the corner and down the side I did 2 sc in the end of each row 3 sc in the corner, across the bottom like it says here, 3 sc in next corner, then up the other side in the same way (2sc in the end of each row). When I got to the top again I put 3 sc in the last corner, then I went across the top one more time doing 3 Dc in the next st, skip one and sc in the next.. repeat across top to end, finish off and weave in all ends.

**There's a video tutorial on Youtube if you need more help, it's in 3 parts:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the pattern instructions.