Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: It's done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, you did a great job. Great job with the buttons.

Post Thanks / Like
    You did an incredible job of piecing all the squares together, and the buttons are pure genius.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cybarra View Post
    Love the coat! You did a fantastic job. I've been wanting to make one of those, I really like the pattern no big holes like some other granny squares. Those buttons are so inventive!! Love your idea! Just amazing, love it, love it, love it. Carol
    Carol, I followed the pattern part of the way but I ended up using a different pattern for the squares. And in the end it was too small for me... (around) so I added rows of double stitches up and down the front and made a collar. Also added length to the arms. I guess that makes it not like the pattern very much, huh? I probably couldn't ever have made it without using the original pattern for a guide at least. And there is a chart for how to sew the squares together that came in really handy. If anyone wants the pattern I can post it and maybe it will fit YOU without changing anything. I probably should block it but haven't the courage to try that yet. XOXOXOXO redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my! Your coat is fantastic. You should wear it everywhere and show it off! ~ Shirly

Post Thanks / Like
    What a beautiful coat!!! Necessity is the mother of invention, using washers for the buttons. Love that idea. Wear it in good health and wear it proudly.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirly View Post
    Oh my! Your coat is fantastic. You should wear it everywhere and show it off! ~ Shirly
    Maybe I will wear it in June to the meeting! Just as a sweater in case we have a cool day! That is a big maybe!!! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Patty, what a lot of work!!! You did an awesome job. I would NEVER attempt something like that Good on you girl. I would not block it! I would leave it like it is. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Wow Patty, what a lot of work!!! You did an awesome job. I would NEVER attempt something like that Good on you girl. I would not block it! I would leave it like it is. Love, Shirley
    Thanks Shirley, that's a load off my mind!