Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the quilt. I have made numerous quilts and still have one to complete. Great idea re-using ... pj's etc. Merry Christmas.

2. Likes N/A, kathym2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trude View Post
    Here are a few more.
    I love the black cat looking very comfortable on the quilt! I have a quilt my mom tied but it was made with just pieces of material and she used an old blanket inside for the filling. I think she pieced the only pieces she had of the material together because just one wasn't big enough. My son has been sleeping under it the last week because it has been extremely cold here and he can't pay the high electric bill in the camper where he normally stays. He has been sleeping here at my house but will go back to the camper when it warms up enough. Last night my son Mark and family came over here late into the evening with me and Jimmy watching a marathon of America's Funniest Videos . It was all day and up till 2:00 AM this morning. They didn't stay quite that late but we popped popcorn and I thoroughly enjoyed having my kids and grandkids here with me for a while. I did miss my Arkansas son, John, tho. He just turned 54 on the 23rd of Dec. Today is the 51st anniversary of my Dad's death> He died the day after Christmas in 1962. He was 61 and here I am 82 going on 83 in February! I can't believe it has been that long and I have lived this long! I thank God every day now for each day He gives me. I hope you all have had a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! Love ya, redhead/Patty

4. Likes amanda, N/A, kathym2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. My auntie got a little teary when she got the quilt. She remembered each shirt. Made me feel a littl sentimental too.

6. Likes N/A, kathym2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude I was wondering if you painted the houses or if you bought them either way there beautiful the Christmas tree did you make that also if so would you please let me no as I would like to make one the quilt is beautiful I have also made about 5 quilts this past yr but I made them from scenes like hunting fishing did one of just moose they came in panels I used 3 panels for each quilt and I you have done a wonderful job hand sewed mine
    Kathym

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job! I had some quilts my Grandmother made and they were hand tied. Different kinds of fabric put together. She used pieces of some kind of yarn to knot them together. These would have been done in the early 1900's
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

9. Likes kathym2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. The quilt was a project of love, but I can truthfully say I am glad it is finished.
    KathyM, I bought the houses from Mary Maxim, and painted them myself. That company doesn't carry them any longer. However, I think that Micheal's sells something similar. The tree was purchased. I used poinsettia picks that I had bought and then took apart to decorate the tree.
    I also have a quilt that my grandmother made. It was unfinished when she died and stayed that way for 40 years. Then it was taken and professionally quilted. It is beautiful and I treasure it.

11. Likes amanda, kathym2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Trudeau walmart carries houses unpainted and not expensive I have made most of mine that way I think you have done a wonderful job I just hope my grandchildren an stepchildren appreciate the quilts I have made over the last year anyway thanks
    Kathym

Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE THEM ALL! The quilt puts me in envy or whatever word I'm looking for! I want to make a quilt, have a sewing machine or 2 that I can make pillow cases only! I really want to learn, can sew by hand though and of course crochet! LOVE seeing new things, wish I could post pictures but just learned new things on this computer and have to have hubby write it down for me! LOL! LOVE your BIG kitty! GREAT JOB and beautiful work and talent! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

14. Likes kathym2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh you brought back memories with your Houses---made about 50 with plastic canvas and decorated the house with them
    when Grandkids were little--they really loved looking at them--once in a while they would touch the little figures with them
    but were really good about just looking
    Miss those days --kids are all grown up and they now own the houses and people to decorate their homes with

Have made a couple quilts but really prefer to crochet afgans---which reminds me theres one afgan right now waiting to be finished
    Thanks for the memories

And a very Happy New Year!!

Hestoria

16. Likes kathym2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    well I hope these worked there is one quilt I have just finished cant seem to find the others must be on be on facebook and this is the Christmas tree and houses don't no how good it looks guess we will see not very good at this yet
    kathym
    Attached Images Attached Images THE. QUILT. and the tree, and the village-img_00000012_2-jpg THE. QUILT. and the tree, and the village-img_00000099-jpg