Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Good sturdy home made you use it yourself towel holder pattern?

I have scooped several off the net, but not happy with the results, thinking go to the source, ladies use these all the time, and surely can steer me to something really worthwhile for the charity auctions that are looming shortly. I would like crocheted if possible, not a lot of time for sewing, etc., but whatever would work for you in your kitchen, perhaps would help another lady somewhere else I am thinking. thanks to anyone.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddy View Post
    I have scooped several off the net, but not happy with the results, thinking go to the source, ladies use these all the time, and surely can steer me to something really worthwhile for the charity auctions that are looming shortly. I would like crocheted if possible, not a lot of time for sewing, etc., but whatever would work for you in your kitchen, perhaps would help another lady somewhere else I am thinking. thanks to anyone.
    Do you have in mind just a holder, that you can put any kitchen towel into, or do you mean the kind that is a crocheted towel topper that you attach to the towel? There is a band at the top and a button so you can loop it over a handle in the kitchen.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I am open to most anything, tho just the holder itself would be the fastest, and cheapest as well. Guess I better go with that, thanks for asking, I guess I figgered that what I was seeing in my mind's eye, everyone else could see. Appreciate your interest. Fingers crossed.
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    I kind of like hunting for stuff on the internet. Here is one I found:

crocheted towel holder pattern | Little Birdie Secrets

Another:

Simply Crochet and Other Crafts: Towel Holder

And this one, which is like the one above, but lots of pics and different yarns. I think these look the best, (in my humble opinion.)

#Crochet-Crochet!! Towel Holder | Cherished Handmade Treasures

The last two use a ponytail holder as the base for the ring, which I think looks better and is probably more sturdy than a plain crocheted ring.
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Nettie, I hope I can call you that, I have a friend Annette, whom I call Nettie, anyway, these last 2 are perfect, I could only find the ponytail holders in the whole WM store, nothing else works from there, and I can't take the time to go running all over the county, time is short. These will have to do, when someone throws out a challenge, and has nothing in the line of supplies to offer, you make lemonade I guess? Thanks, and appreciate your time searching, I sometimes do that, and other times, I try and find in my collection, but regardless, there is a lot of "stuff" out there to investigate for sure.
    Much appreciate that you took time to search for me, I am a stranger to you, but if each of us did a RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS every day, this would be a better world, I am sure. Thanks and know you are blessed.
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words, Shaddy, and so happy the patterns might work for you. I got all inspired while I was looking, and I think I will make up a few of them myself for little Christmas gifts, maybe with a matching potholder.

I've met so many nice people on the internet - and now I have a new cyber-friend, you!
    Annette

Dalai Lama

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    awww, shucks, see ya around the forum?
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning, Bug. So glad we have you here to do the searching. I'm not good at it. Thanks for pattern! Lawana
    Good Morning Shaddy- would miss you if you were not around.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 08-29-2013 at 04:38 AM.

10. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad penny always returns, and that I am! BUT that said, I in return love the random acts of kindness we do to and for each other in the group, good stuff ladies, and should make one feel good to know you have made someone's day!
    Have a great holiday, and see ya on the flip side!
    Shaddy

12. Likes Magnolia Blossom, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pattern for a towel holder using a metal ring that is crocheted around.

Towel Holder | Crafty Gardener
    Linda aka Crafty Gardener

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom, buggainok liked this post