Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    YOung Lady, thank you soooo much for letting me scoop the pattern, and your willingness to go the extra mile to allow us to do this.
    Much appreciated, and will add it to my growing list of really nice towel holders I am gathering. Some are great, others no so much, but will need to try them, and see what works for the situation.
    Thanks again, and what an act of kindness this was.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

2. Likes Crafty Gardener liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Linda, I just printed the pattern from the recipe card format. It printed just fine. All I had to do was click print. Thank you.
    Glad that it worked for you.
    I'm on the lookout for a format to use all the time on my site for patterns. It is so much easier to create a pattern that way than switching it over to pdf format.
    Linda aka Crafty Gardener

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddy View Post
    YOung Lady, thank you soooo much for letting me scoop the pattern, and your willingness to go the extra mile to allow us to do this.
    Much appreciated, and will add it to my growing list of really nice towel holders I am gathering. Some are great, others no so much, but will need to try them, and see what works for the situation.
    Thanks again, and what an act of kindness this was.
    Glad it worked for you Shaddy. And I appreciate the "young lady" I'm retired from education after a lot of wonderful years and just turned 65 on my last birthday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Gardener View Post
    Glad that it worked for you.
    I'm on the lookout for a format to use all the time on my site for patterns. It is so much easier to create a pattern that way than switching it over to pdf format.
    I know nothing about computer/blog formats, but couldn't you just use the recipe format and call it "patterns."? PS feel free to tell me I don't understand the problem - my daughter tells me that about once a week.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    I know nothing about computer/blog formats, but couldn't you just use the recipe format and call it "patterns."? PS feel free to tell me I don't understand the problem - my daughter tells me that about once a week.
    The format belongs to another site where only recipes are stored and I'm not sure if they would approve of using it for something different.
    I have removed it from the post now as the person that requested it has printed it out. I'll work on the pdf format later today when I have more time.

Edit: Sunday afternoon. I have been in contact with the creator of the plugin for recipes and have permission to use it for some of my craft patterns. So I have adjusted the pattern to print and added it back to my site.
    Last edited by Crafty Gardener; 09-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.

7. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Towel Tenders

This is a pattern I modified fro the original so that it could be hung on door/drawer handles as opposed to knobs. I will try to post the original as well, just having some computer/printer/scanner issues at the moment.

Buttoned Towel Tender

Ch. 48
    Row 1: SC in 25th ch. from hook, and in each of next 9 chs. Ch. 15. Turn.

Row 2: Working in bottom loop of chs., SC in 2nd ch. from hook. SC in
    next ch. 2sc in each of next 2 chs. SC in next 10 chs. SC in next
    10 scs. SC on next 10 chs. 2sc in each of next 4 chs. SC in next
    10 chs. Working in opposite side of chs., sc in next 10 scs. SC in
    next 10 chs. 2sc in each of next 2 chs. SC in next 2 chs. Fasten
    off.

Row 3: Join with a sc in first sc. Ch. 2. Skip next 2sc. 2sc in next sc. Sc
    in next sc. 2sc in next sc. SC in next 31sc. 2sc in next sc. (SC in
    next sc, 2sc in next sc) 3 times. SC in next 31sc. 2sc in next sc.
    SC in next sc. 2sc in next sc. SC in next 2sc. Fasten off.

Row 4: With (optional) contrasting color, and working in back loops only,
    join with sc in first sc. SC in next 2 chs. (button hole made). 2sc.
    in next sc. SC in next 2sc. 2sc in next sc. SC in next 32sc. 2sc
    in next sc. (sc in next 2sc, 2sc in next sc) 3 times. SC in next 32sc.
    2sc in next sc, sc in next 2sc 2sc in next sc, sc in rem. 3sc. Fasten
    off.

Row 5: With main color, and working in back loop only, join with sl st
    in first sc. Ch 3, skip next sc, sl st in next sc around. Fasten off.
    Weave in ends. Sew button to right side.
    Last edited by luckyladybugslsb; 09-15-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Additional info

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't post original pattern...copyright laws... Paid $1.99 at Annie's Attic e-patternscentral.com since I seem to have misplaced the magazine I originally got it from. Anyhow the name of the pattern is Towel Tenders. There are two designs...one with a picot edging, one without. I absolutely love this pattern, and have made several which I use all the time. I even made extras so I wouldn't have to wait for the dirty ones to be washed and dried...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone sent me the original pattern, and that was from an Annie's mag, enjoyed making them, but think they are too long sometimes, so have to revamp for shorter between towel and counter top. I do not hang on the lower area, tall person, need towel up where I can reach it, so top doors are where I use mine. This is a novel, and nice idea to have, appreciate your interest.
    Thanks for sending, I am using Peaches and Cream, hoping that will do the deed. Also, using some pony tail holders for the round area in other towel holders, there are so many available out there, just have to try until you find one or 2 that are suitable. Thanks for the info.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

11. Likes luckyladybugslsb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I've never seen towel holders like that. I love them. I may make some for Christmas gifts, too. Thanks, ladies! <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shaddy,

You could fold them in half with both openings on the knob, and slip the towel through the resulting loop. My daughter did that with the ones I made her.