Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

need some help here, please

Attachment 5888Attachment 5889Attachment 5890I don't know if I can post a picture in this forum or not so I may have to do this in the picture forum. I have an enlarged pic of the box stitch granny square and I don't know were I found the original. There is no website on the pictures I kept so I don't know where I got it. Can any one help me find the website or instructions for making the square? I checked on You Tube and the box stitch they show isn't like this even tho they called it a "box stitch" . Thanks , redhead

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a 6 in box stitch granny looks to me like they are the same Ideal Delusions: Box Stitch Afghans

scrool down you will see the same blanket I am 99.99% sure
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 08-24-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

3. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I could be wrong but that looks like the middle of an afghan from a Leisure Arts Leaflet called Blankets and Buddies. The afghan is called Bunny Set (it has a stuffed bunny to go with it). I just checked the Box Stitch Afghans in Ideal Delusions that MsBhaven posted and the instructions seemed the same. I have made the afghan several times and it is so easy.

Hope this helps too.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    here is a 6 in box stitch granny looks to me like they are the same Ideal Delusions: Box Stitch Afghans

scrool down you will see the same blanket I am 99.99% sure
    Yes that's the one ! I am having trouble with my computer so I can't do anything to get the pattern. It is called Sweet Candy Sprinkles. Is there any way to get the instructions? Thank you so much!!! Yesterday the computer lost all my messages in the inbox and I don't know why. redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I could be wrong but that looks like the middle of an afghan from a Leisure Arts Leaflet called Blankets and Buddies. The afghan is called Bunny Set (it has a stuffed bunny to go with it). I just checked the Box Stitch Afghans in Ideal Delusions that MsBhaven posted and the instructions seemed the same. I have made the afghan several times and it is so easy.

Hope this helps too.

LI Roe
    Thank you , that is the one I was looking for. MsBhaven and you are both right. Now if I can only get the instructions for making just one square I will be happy. This crazy computer is about to become a UFO (unidentified flying object!) any minute!!! I am getting tired of rebooting!!!!!!!!!! And then it does no good anyway. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Thank you , that is the one I was looking for. MsBhaven and you are both right. Now if I can only get the instructions for making just one square I will be happy. This crazy computer is about to become a UFO (unidentified flying object!) any minute!!! I am getting tired of rebooting!!!!!!!!!! And then it does no good anyway. Patty
    Here is the pattern, if you can copy and paste from here:

"It would seem what I refer to as the box stitch or block stitch in this pattern is not readily found on the web so I will showcase it here.

For the pattern above, start the same as a regular granny square. You can start with your chain 4 sl st in first chain to form a ring or your magic ring, slip ring, slip loop, starting ring (whatever you prefer to call it)

Start with a slip loop, chain 4, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 2 dc, join to 2nd st of starting 4 ch. You should have 4 groups of 3 double crochet with a chain 2 space between each group.

Round 2: Sc in any 2 chain corner space, *(ch 3, sc in same corner, chain 3, sc in next corner) around end, join with a slip stitch in the first sc.

NOTE: Color changes throughout are of your own choice but always start on a sc /chain rnd.

Round 3: 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in corner, 3 dc in 3 chain space around, ending, join to first dc.
    Repeat rounds 2 and 3 until desired size of square is achieved and number off needed squares is completed."
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Here is the pattern, if you can copy and paste from here:

"It would seem what I refer to as the box stitch or block stitch in this pattern is not readily found on the web so I will showcase it here.

For the pattern above, start the same as a regular granny square. You can start with your chain 4 sl st in first chain to form a ring or your magic ring, slip ring, slip loop, starting ring (whatever you prefer to call it)

Start with a slip loop, chain 4, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 2 dc, join to 2nd st of starting 4 ch. You should have 4 groups of 3 double crochet with a chain 2 space between each group.

Round 2: Sc in any 2 chain corner space, *(ch 3, sc in same corner, chain 3, sc in next corner) around end, join with a slip stitch in the first sc.

NOTE: Color changes throughout are of your own choice but always start on a sc /chain rnd.

Round 3: 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in corner, 3 dc in 3 chain space around, ending, join to first dc.
    Repeat rounds 2 and 3 until desired size of square is achieved and number off needed squares is completed."
    Thanks buggainok for your help I copied it an am going to try it right now!, your friend, redhead/Patty

9. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i really love the box stitch! I had tried to guess how to do it by looking at the pic I posted. I came pretty close to it, at least in looks but really not the same.
    But now I have it down pat!! I have started making some squares and really like them. Thanks everyone for all the immediate help!!! You girls are really a great help. I sat up till 1:30 last night just crocheting and watching TV. Then I slept-in just until 7:30 this morning. I will need a nap this afternoon probably. Oh well, I have nothing else to do today, so what the heck.. after all I am retired ain't I? Have a good day everyone!! redhead/Patty

PS I posted pictures in the Picture forum of before and after instructions.
    Last edited by redhead; 08-26-2013 at 06:00 AM.