Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: A newbie...

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an x-ray of both hips in April 2013 before we left on 3700 mile car trip to MN, SD, WY and CO. The doc said the right hip was doing well and the pins were in perfect position; however the left hip was bone on bone now. He said they see that sometimes when you break one and the other takes a hit too. I limp around but only take Advil or Tylenol. Hate pain meds. My problem is that I can't kneel down on the floor or on the lawn to work in the yard and it sucks!!!!! But hey, there are so many much worse of than me!! Take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Shirley. Oh my, now that was a trip! I don't care for pain meds, last Memorial Day I was in such pain I had to go to the er for a shot. Once the shot wore off the pain was more intense. So true, there are so many in worse shape, I'm very Thankful to do what I can do!! So I can't scrub floors or pull weeds, life goes on. Have a great day!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You got it girl!!!! I did go out this AM and took out some of the CA poppies that have gone to waste!!!! Got tired so here I am!!!!! I have a hard time not doing all the things I used to be able to do but I am getting better at doing pretty much nothing at times!!! Have a great day. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ever find your heart ghan? I might be able to help, also do you have a PM area?
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Tennessee, between Nashville and Knoxville
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!! I am so pleased to meet you. I am sure you will like this site, the people here are so friendly and helpful. I crochet shawls, afghans, accessories for my dog, kitchen and bath as well as tablecloths and doilies. Doiles are my first love as they are the first things I crocheted!! I look forward to talking with you again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley even when we are not doing anything we are doing something!! I went out to the garden and pulled a few weeds.. checked on the broccoli and red cabbage.. We are not punching a time clock and we can do what we need to do but it may take a few days.. no hurry.. I'm that way anyways..

Smiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shaddy I didn't find it. I decided on crocheting a rainbow star afghan.. using bright colors. And Shaddy I tried reaching you on HGTV this morning. You and I met on that board years ago and at the time I lived in New Orleans. Ring a bell hon? In 2008 I moved to KY. Have a good evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been able to do that. And now I just slowly putter. Did about 10 minutes more of the pulling up of CA poppies and hubby helped a few minutes and popped his knee! Maybe I can find someone to help me for cheap!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Gmoni!! A pleasure to meet you. I do agree with you about everyone being so friendly and helpful! As soon as I can figure it out I will be hopefully posting patterns on here that will be a combo of knitting and crochet.

Have a good evening and hope to talk again..