Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: A newbie...

Post Thanks / Like
    What a good idea to have patterns on thumb drives. I just have 2-3 patterns that I like best so just use those. When I down-sized and got rid of a bunch of kits, fabric etc. I got more organized and just have yarn now for baby blankets, etc. I used to cross stitch, make felt ornaments, Christmas tree skirts, but now have trouble threading small needles etc. We just do what we can do!!!! Have a great day! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hon I know what you mean about 2 or 3 favorite patterns. I'm that way with the fan n feather for knit afghans or a crochet ripple for afghans. I knit a lot of baby hats for charity. I used to sew, cross stitch, bead, plastic canvas..but have since decided to knit or crochet.
    Have a great weekend! Going to be in the 90's here..ughhhh..

Post Thanks / Like
    All week we have had cool temps and wind and rain. They say it is to warm up to the 80's, but we shall see. Always have motorcycle show and classic car show this weekend, but weather is certainly not cooperating. Have a good weekend! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry about your weather. Supposed to be rather warm here with chances of pop up showers, we need them to cool things down. Classic car shows are always nice. Just get out and look, take a breather from crocheting. I'm currently crocheting the star afghan, using rainbow colors, doesn't have an owner yet.
    I did find patterns on my thumb drives I would like to add on the site. Quite a few patterns from when I worked for Super Yarn Mart and they used to give you free patterns, they have since shut their doors. Hope your weekend is a great one..

5. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good! Vacuumed and cleaned the bathrooms this AM BEFORE getting on the computer!!!! So far we have sunny skies. Hubby at field day for ham radio people down in the park. They get calls from all over the country and keep a log to see how many they talk to!!!! Made three squares last night to take to meeting in 2014. The fourth one was one double double single too big so had to rip out this AM. Daughter in law is doing rainbow party today in MN for her 6 year old! Rainbows always make me happy! Have a great weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will reply to this message in a few. I have had problems with logging in and the password has had to be changed. Smiles!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is working. I'm glad you have sunny weather just sorry you didn't go to the park with your hubby. But I know about housework.. I do.. I do..
    The afghan will be different, all bright colors.. I have made afghans using pastel colors but never this bright. Need the sunglasses, lol!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I broke my hip in August 2012 I have to pick and choose my distance walking. I did have some physical therapy for 2 1/2 months this spring and that really helped. I can do the grocery store by myself now if I go slow and Costco for a few things but still only about 3 blocks around the neighborhood. I have been able to get on the motorcycle with hubby twice and we have ridden both times about 2 hours. So I am getting there! Some days Lola wants to go with me and some days I put the leash on and she just stands there like what the heck? Who knows what goes on in their minds? Glad your computer is working again. I hate that! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley please be very careful!! I'm so sorry dear!! Like you I have my limits due to a work injury. I wanted to work til I couldn't anymore but who knew it would be Dec. 2011. I sure didn't. So now I try to do what I can and leave the rest for they another day. I saw 4 drs.. one told me I had caused mini whip lash to my body.. #2 told me I had a rotated pelvis.. #3 told me I had 2 bulging discs.. and #4 told me my left knee is rubbing bone on bone. Since Dec. 2011 I walk with a limp and it feels like I'm squeezing a nerve or something around the left hip area. I had p/t for about a week, they wanted me to ask for a stronger pain pill instead the dr released me back to work. I had an epidural in the hip area and they stopped with the one shot. I went to a chiro and it helped a little. Workman's Comp advised me to file for Disability. The chiro said if I went back to work I would end up in a wheelchair. We just never know do we? We smile and keep going.

Sorry for the book...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no! I retired (sort of) in October 2011. I worked for them 5 years. I worked for a gastroenterologist and did medical transcription, but also prepared for procedures, upper and lower endoscopies, worked the front desk as needed, drove the wife around for coffee and to Les Schwab and the car dealership, took care of their son, getting him to school, picking up, taking to tennis practice, picking up, AND taking care of their Bischon Frisee, feeding, walking, keeping over the weekend, you name it. The end of October, the wife had the audacity to say she did not know what I did all day. The week before she wanted to clone me!!!!!! I finished the day's work and left the keys on the desk and never looked back. I was 6 months from being 65 and I was just OK to be at home. I was and am still not bored. We spent the fall of 2011 and until July 2012 helping mother in law in Yuma and finally moving her to Denver to an assisted living facility after she broke her pelvis and right shoulder (she is 93).
    Then August 2012 I broke my hip, was unable to walk for 1 month and then gradually could apply pressure. The walker was my BFF. Anyway, I have crocheted my heart out since then and kept the dog company!!!! The money is of course less than when I was working but hey, it does not matter!!!!! Another book!!!! Shirley