Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bestgammy. Will have to check out that color. Bernat was having a sale this past week also. So many of the baby colors are light and my DIL wanted something a little different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not do it uing a single crochet, half doubles work well to thats what I use because of little fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    I HAVE made several baby blankets with the 1single stitch/1 double , 1 single /1double. It gives it a tight weave.
    I didn't get into any of this to start. I haven't been on line. My husband died the end oh June And my girls moved me to Corpus Christi with them. I was living with my woungest daughter. In July she had a heart attack and died. About the only thing I got out of this is my cat and my husband's dog, my daughter's dog and I fought hard to keep my cat. All my pictures came down too . Only because they are all needlepoint that my sister did before she passed away 5 years ago. And all the cousins want them but they can't get them till they go thru my hands.
    I am back to crocheting but no baby things. I have a scarf for myself started. I watch TV mainly. all my yarn "statch" was given away. The crocheting patterns I have are in storage. So this kind of messes up the making of pretty things. But I'm working on them. I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving and Christmas. Margaret Texas Transplant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made many baby blankets using this "Bubble Stitch", and it was always a big hit. The "bumps" remain soft, unlike traditional bobbles, it can easily be made any width or length you like, and does not have any holes. I usually use a G or an H hook and any worsted weight yarn. Too soft or too thin a yarn and they get too limp.
    FOUNDATION ROW: Crochet an even number of chains the width you want your blanket to be. Do not chain too tightly. If you have a tendency to make your chain too tight or too loose, adjust your hook size up or down one to accommodate your personal chain tension, and then go back to the original hook for the rest of the blanket. (pretty easy stuff so far, huh).
    ROW 1: sc across the width starting in the second chain. (you should end up with an uneven number of sc stitches) Ch 1, turn (do not count this stich, or any turning stitches throughout)
    ROW 2: sc in the first stitch, triple in the second stitch, sc in the 3rd stitch, triple in the 4th. Continue alternating sc and triple crochet stitches across the row, ending with a sc. Ch 1, turn
    ROW 3: sc across the row (you should still have an uneven number of stitches) This is the right side of the blanket.
    Repeat rows 2 and 3 until you have the desired length
    You can finish the edges any way you wish or leave them plain.
    I hope that this is easy enough to understand. If you have any questions , please do not hesitate to ask and I will try to clarify things for you. Happy hooking.

Post Thanks / Like
    The ABC Blanket would be pretty too. No holes.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you crochet granny squares, there is a Crochet Solid Square Tutorial - No Gaps No Holes video tutorial by Girly Bunches. I use this pattern to make a giant granny square for a blanket or throw. It looks really pretty when done with varigated yarn and works up really fast. Good luck!!!!!