Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Free crotchet pattern for baby dresses

Hi there, I am looking for baby dress patterns, I see so many on Pinterest but can't seem to be able to bring up pattern. I ould like one with long sleeves and quick and simple. My sister in UK just became a gt grandmother and has asked me to make one, for about 6-9 mths size. Hope someone cn help me out, thanks all Jill

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also a member of many free crochet newsletters and they have had a few sweaters and dresses on patternsforcrochet.
    They have a box you can click for US terms, or UK/Aus terms. Hope this helps. I am also a Sweater Angel for the local hospitals making sweater sets for newborns. I have used the simple patter that they gave me when I joined and used a bigger hook to make a size larger sweater set. Once you understand the simple patterns you can add stitches where you need to enlarge it even more to the 6-9 month size, if they aren't already printed. Good luck. I have searched so many things online, I just love my computer's ability to understand what I'm looking for and then get it! (You can find charts with measurements for newborns to adults so you know how big things should be.)

GramaKate

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for you reply, would you have the pattern you mentioned, thanks Jill

Post Thanks / Like
    Bella Bambina Knits: Sweater Dress Pattern

Here is a sweater dress you might like. It is a free pattern on this site.
    Ann

5. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it, but don't know how to post it on here.
    Kate

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any long sleeve dress patterns only short sleeve......sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just continue crocheting to make a sleeve longer. On our Sweater Angels pattern, you make a simple one piece sweater, that almost looks sleeveless, then when finished, you pick up 19 stitches around the sleeve hole. You can make the whole sleeve 19 stitches, for little ones it's easier for Mom to dig out their little arms, on the older ones sweaters, you could taper it a little and possible make a ribbed cuff at the end.
    Last edited by GramaKate; 11-05-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: missed some letters

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Try crochetpatterncentral.com . There seem to be quite a few patterns there. I don't know how to post links but the site name will get you there. Maybe you could tweak a short sleeve to a long one. Would like to know how you make out so please post your results. imalefty