Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 08-01-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Morrissia,
    How are you doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless you. I know your family will treasure these things you will make for them. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello I am new to this forum, but I have been crocheting for many years. All the patterns you are seeking can be found for free at allfreecrochet.com or justcrochet.com. Those are the places I go to when I want to find any pattern. They have every level of experience from beginner to expert. They also have every level of pattern from easy to experienced.
    I am so very sorry to hear of your cancer. I know the hurt and turmoil you must be facing. In my family on both my mothers & fathers side since the early 1800's everyone except for 6 people have died of cancer. Even though I have never smoked I've already resolved to myself that is what I will die from. My prayers are with you.
    The types of patterns that you should choose since you tire easily I would suggest something like granny squares, using this type of pattern is very simple and you can either make small squares to put together as one blanket or just continue with 1 small square by adding on. To make a big blanket. Years ago when I moved to Georgia I had a ton of scrap yarn. Knowing that living in Georgia the winters are cold in spring time I started using my scrap yarn to make a queen size bedspread. It turned out beautiful and was so warm. I lived in a single mobile home and in making that blanket it helped to keep heating costs way down during the winter.
    I wish you well. Try to keep a positive train of mind. Even though its hard. Doing this crochet will keep your mind occupied and will give you a different out look. I admire you for your bravery in trying to keep your loved one as your 1st thought and giving them a lasting memory of you.
    If I may ask you mentioned you have 3 granddaughters. Can you please tell me their ages? I enjoy very much making baby clothes. Because they don't take a lot of time and especially baby girl clothing you can let your imigation run wild on decorating the clothing. I don't have a lot of free time because I'm raising 5 grandchildren. And in doing this they keep me hopping. Another idea you might consider is teaching your children & grandchildren how to crochet. I've taught my granddaughters and 1 grandson how to crochet. That in itself would be an ever lasting memory of your presence always being with them each and every time they begin a project. Because as soon as they pick up the hooks their first thought will be if mom or grandma hadn't taught me this beautiful art I wouldn't know how to make this.
    I'm sorry to ramble on I just think there are so many things you can do for a lasting memory that you can provide your family with.
    Take care. And as I said my prayers are with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Morrisa, I just thought of another way to come by many many different ideas. Go to Pinterest. That site has EVERYTHING. On my page alone I have pretty much everything in crochet and different sub sections. Like for baby girl, baby boy, kitchen and so on. My site I'd under my prior married name. Kathleen Mullis. I just thought of another way to give your family a very lasting memory. Start genaologly. Start making your family tree. Your ancestral chart. Make 1 for each child or grandchild. Start with that persons name, their mother & father., their parents names and so on. The best place to go is through Ancestry.com. they have links to about everything. Ancestry is not free, but another great source is LDS.ORG. I'm pretty sure that all their information is free. Its amazing the things you find out about members of your family. For instance, my grandmother was told all her life that her grandmother died in child birth with her mother because her grandfather was drunk and stuck in town because of a blizzard. That during the birthing the children at home could not lift the heavy wooden latch on the door to get help. Also that her grandfather was a Baptist minister. When I began doing my genealogy I found out and got photo copies of her mothers birth and her grandmothers death records. That her grandfather was a farmer, and her grandmother died when her mother was 3 months old from asthma and pneumonia. She was shocked. She couldn't believe she'd been lied to her entire life.
    Just food for thought. Take care And consider your options at providing a lasting memory for your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Morrisa, I just thought of another way to come by many many different ideas. Go to Pinterest. That site has EVERYTHING. On my page alone I have pretty much everything in crochet and different sub sections. Like for baby girl, baby boy, kitchen and so on. My site I'd under my prior married name. Kathleen Mullis. I just thought of another way to give your family a very lasting memory. Start genaologly. Start making your family tree. Your ancestral chart. Make 1 for each child or grandchild. Start with that persons name, their mother & father., their parents names and so on. The best place to go is through Ancestry.com. they have links to about everything. Ancestry is not free, but another great source is LDS.ORG. I'm pretty sure that all their information is free. Its amazing the things you find out about members of your family. For instance, my grandmother was told all her life that her grandmother died in child birth with her mother because her grandfather was drunk and stuck in town because of a blizzard. That during the birthing the children at home could not lift the heavy wooden latch on the door to get help. Also that her grandfather was a Baptist minister. When I began doing my genealogy I found out and got photo copies of her mothers birth and her grandmothers death records. That her grandfather was a farmer, and her grandmother died when her mother was 3 months old from asthma and pneumonia. She was shocked. She couldn't believe she'd been lied to her entire life.
    Just food for thought. Take care And consider your options at providing a lasting memory for your family.

I was born in West Virginia and I live in Kentucky and I'm half Native American Blackfoot
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to say God bless you and thank you very much for your response it sounds like we may be invited not trying to be smart but every one of my dads brothers and who had eight of them have died from cancer except for two my father died of lung cancer 12 years ago my mother died of cancer 6 months after I was born I've had Brothers with it I've had it three times I've already been on hospice once beat it but now this time I'm already in stage 4 they say it's hopeless I refuse to accept that only God can tell me when it's hopeless and I thank you for understanding what I'm trying to do with my family my girls is ages are 3 + 7 + 14 they live in Kentucky and I'm in Texas and right now my daughter's angry at me because I decided to get cancer for a third time and it's already in the advanced stage 4 I understand she's hurt I'm hurt and I have fought so hard for so many years over the last five years they told me you're going to die in 6 months you going to die in a year I beat it twice before but this third time it just hit me hard I want to thank you so much for the ideas you give me and yes crochet does take my mind off of it in fact the book that I've made it says Reese's recovery one stitch at a time crocheting happiness I want to say God bless you and thank you so very much your ideas are wonderful I figured the truly is my last Christmas why not get something to everybody that I made with my own hands and like you said maybe that will inspire them to take up craft of mine unfortunately they've had to stop making with therapy because I've had kidney failure and now I've got pneumonia they're hoping to pick it back up in a month or so thank you for being such a kind wonderful person