Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaRae View Post
    Hello Donna, The reason for the ,very small, chapel in my home is that I am a Lay Monastic (Oblate) associated with a monastery here in Maine and I spend a reasonable amount of time in Bible study, Prayer and other disciplines associated in living a monastic lifestyle. I enjoy having a room free of distractions so that my moments of prayer and meditation are uninterrupted . I lost my husband this month after he suffered a long illness and I feel the need for a spiritual renewal. I have always been able to find the space and time for the monastic discipline and now that the space is available I would like to have the room set aside just for the purpose of spending quiet and private time with the Lord.
    I was thinking you were going for "The War Room" closet but what you are doing is highly precious! I felt the Lord tell me to crochet a prayer afghan so I am crocheting a corner to corner afghan in the color burgundy and will crochet white crosses to be sewn in each corner.

God bless you in your endeavor!
    Last edited by merseaone; 12-01-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Sweet Spirit, what a small world. My husband was a Latter Day Saint. The Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ just left my house to see what the church could do to help me through this difficult time of the recent passing of my husband. They offered loving help even though I am Catholic and not a member of the LDS church. Bernie and I listen to the LDS conference together and I love listening to President Monson speak. He radiates such warmth. You seem to realize as I do that our spiritual nourishment lies within the scriptures for there is where the truth lies. Whatever faith or religion we are as long as we believe in the divine Word and in Jesus Christ as our Savior we are Sister of the faith. I am enjoying getting to know you. Are you working on any crochet projects right now? What type of project do you like to work on? Please keep in touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Barbara dear thank you so much for the great patterns. As you probably guessed I am new at this computer and online stuff. Still learning how to serch for stuff. You have been a great help. Love the praying hands. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow what a goldmine, thanks so much, I found all kinds of treasures there.

5. Likes crochetdiva liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I will do almost anything to make it through another day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Sweet Spirit, what a small world. My husband was a Latter Day Saint. The Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ just left my house to see what the church could do to help me through this difficult time of the recent passing of my husband. They offered loving help even though I am Catholic and not a member of the LDS church. Bernie and I listen to the LDS conference together and I love listening to President Monson speak. He radiates such warmth. You seem to realize as I do that our spiritual nourishment lies within the scriptures for there is where the truth lies. Whatever faith or religion we are as long as we believe in the divine Word and in Jesus Christ as our Savior we are Sister of the faith. I am enjoying getting to know you. Are you working on any crochet projects right now? What type of project do you like to work on? Please keep in touch.
    I was a little worried to tell you my belief's but thankfully you accepted them ok! We are sister's for sure and it's so nice to know we both believe in Jesus Christ and the Atonement! We visit a man every month who is Catholic and has lost his wife. He's a dear friend of ours through visiting him and his dear wife Jeane for many years.

We can also receive messages via the tab on the left of your screen titled private messages, if there is anything that is better shared privately just click on the name you want to send a private message to and it will direct you how to do it. Obviously we are not the kind of people to share bad and hurtful messages right? I'm so interested in other religion's whatever they may be. We are all Heavnly Father's children and he loves everyone regardless of their beliefs. He's sad when they disobey the light of Christ that was born with them when they came to this earth. So glad to share our faith! best to you! please keep writing!
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 12-02-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a nice petty nativity. Welcome to the site! You prayer room sounds wonderful! Right now my bedside is my little personal space for reading scripture and paying to my Savior Jesus Christ. Though I pray constantly as the need arises! I pray you will receive comfort in your loss and be uplifted and renewed in your spirit , In Jesus's name Amen. Linda Mitzner
    Attachment 14149Religious patterns in filet crochet-a309163449cef37fc89eea71d6b8bbcb-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    google alter cloths I have seen these in the past

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello LindaRae,
    Here are some religious patterns I have on my Pinterest board, Filet Crochet. The Bible cover is in two pages and so is the Last Supper.

http://2good2lose.com/christmas/bibl...crocheted1.jpg

http://2good2lose.com/christmas/bibl...crocheted2.jpg

Here is a link with the pattern for Jesus Crown of Thorns. Sorry, no actual pattern, just the filet chart.

http://patternsge.net/fillet-crochet-patterns

Filet Crochet Edging Patterns for Altar Cloths and Robes | Free Crochet Patterns

https://picasaweb.google.com/xwx008/...16859526624274

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/316166836313739696/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/316166836313739710/

I hope you find something here you can use.

In Christian Love, Jo Baehr
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Barbara, Wow thank you so much for the image of Christ. I followed the link and also found the pattern for Mary and the Christ child. You are a blessing. Have a great day!
    Is this what you found?Religious - free filet crochet patterns download