Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    All of you ladies are to be commended for your generous thoughts, and DEEDS too. Most any hospital would love donations, but here as we are rural, we have to ask what they would like to have before we start, some places only accept certain things, but preemie items, and of course, anything for babies born asleep is gratefully accepted. There are many websites that have patterns, and places to inquire where to send those things.
    What you do, will come back to you threefold, we that don't do those things are most appreciative of those that do. Perhaps at another time, things will change, and those that are not giving right now, can return favors, love paybacks, and RAOK, there is GOODNESS in this world in spite of the nastiness on the news.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in a prayer shawl group in my small county in south east ohio. We are a group of ladies from different faiths that get together every 2 weeks and work on prayer shawls made from knotted fleece, knitted ones and crocheted ones. We make them for ill people, grieving people and people that know they need someone to care. Single moms, new babies, anyone who needs one. We have been organized since the end of 2008. In 2009, i crocheted and knotted fleece about 100 of them. Least year a member seen a project on the internet that people were making scarves and putting them on poles with a note to take them. We had an article in our local paper about it and someone said as soon as they were hung they were about gone and the wife of one of my cousins asked if i knew anything about them, because she got one for one of her daughters, but she was getting one for her other little one and she seen a little old lady trying to keep her ears warm, so she put it on her. Of course i made my little cousin one. We have some saved to begin next winter, southeastern ohio winters are cold. We are always looking for new patterns for lapghans, shawls and capes and baby blankets. We also put scarves at our senior center and post office and our food pantry. We are always asked how much when people first receive one, they are hand to hand and heart to heart, they can donate money and we use it for postage to mail some of them and buy supplies. We get yarn from garage sales and people give us yarn. We survive it is like the more we do, the more we are blessed and we all hit any yarn sales and buy our own. My brother and sister bring me some each year and a cousin that likes to get them for friends in need. We also make little prayer clothes that i found on the internet and they can be held in their hand or children at school in a pocket since you can not have religion at school. I have lived in this town all my life, so can get a hug from someone we have given a shawl to when i am uptown. Hugs are the greatest

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in a prayer shawl group in my small county in south east ohio. We are a group of ladies from different faiths that get together every 2 weeks and work on prayer shawls made from knotted fleece, knitted ones and crocheted ones. We make them for ill people, grieving people and people that know they need someone to care. Single moms, new babies, anyone who needs one. We have been organized since the end of 2008. In 2009, i crocheted and knotted fleece about 100 of them. Least year a member seen a project on the internet that people were making scarves and putting them on poles with a note to take them. We had an article in our local paper about it and someone said as soon as they were hung they were about gone and the wife of one of my cousins asked if i knew anything about them, because she got one for one of her daughters, but she was getting one for her other little one and she seen a little old lady trying to keep her ears warm, so she put it on her. Of course i made my little cousin one. We have some saved to begin next winter, southeastern ohio winters are cold. We are always looking for new patterns for lapghans, shawls and capes and baby blankets. We also put scarves at our senior center and post office and our food pantry. We are always asked how much when people first receive one, they are hand to hand and heart to heart, they can donate money and we use it for postage to mail some of them and buy supplies. We get yarn from garage sales and people give us yarn. We survive it is like the more we do, the more we are blessed and we all hit any yarn sales and buy our own. My brother and sister bring me some each year and a cousin that likes to get them for friends in need. We also make little prayer clothes that i found on the internet and they can be held in their hand or children at school in a pocket since you can not have religion at school. I have lived in this town all my life, so can get a hug from someone we have given a shawl to when i am uptown. Hugs are the greatest

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Seeing purple

About a year ago I was made aware of Click for Babies, an organization dedicated to educating parents on the disastrous effects of shaking babies and teaching them coping methods when their babies cry, cry, cry. The reminder is a purple hat!

Spreading Awareness of Infant Abuse with Purple Caps : CLICKforBabies.org

This is another good cause that can use your crochet skills. All you need is purple yarn, a little time, and a big heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Conmaree,
    You can try the 'baby coordinates yarn bobble crochet baby afghan'.

Post Thanks / Like
    I donate crocheted baby blankets to our annual Christmas care drive. I also make hats to donate to our winter clothing drive for children. I crochet while I watch tv, giving me something to work on. My closet can get quite full while I wait for the donations to be asked for. Then I start again for the following year. We also have a shelter that asks for donations and I am going to check to see what they want and if I can help.