Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help- need to write names on crocheted christmas stockings

[size=4]hi from kimmer 0315- minnesota !!!

I need help fast. I crocheted many larger christmas stockings and need to know what works the best to write names on them. I have tried using yarn, nothing is straight, i tried glue & glitter, because of the crochet yarn its so bumpy that its hard to read and glitter is everywhere. The last thing i tried was paint in a bottle, but again because of the bumpy stitches the paint does not go on well and looks like i missed areas.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions i would love to try them.

I crocheted these stockings about 10 years ago, and never hang them up because they don't have our families first names on them, and i love them and it just makes christmas so nice having my christmas stocking hanging on the wall.

Thank you so much.

Kim nelson

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi from kimmer 0315- Minnesota !!!

I need help fast. I crocheted many larger christmas stockings and need to know what works the best to write names on them. I have tried using yarn, nothing is straight, i tried glue & glitter, because of the crochet yarn its so bumpy that its hard to read and glitter is everywhere. The last thing i tried was paint in a bottle, but again because of the bumpy stitches the paint does not go on well and looks like i missed areas.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions i would love to try them.

I crocheted these stockings about 10 years ago, and never hang them up because they don't have our families first names on them, and i love them and it just makes christmas so nice having my christmas stocking hanging on the wall.

Thank you so much.

Kim nelson[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Kimmer0315; 12-02-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you write/print names on felt or fabric piece and sew or tack onto the stockings? imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kim,
    Welcome! What about embroidering the names w/thread?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try surface crochet? Something I saw just the other day. Looked neat and straight to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use ribbon by the roll and cut the length you need for each name and write or print the name on the strip of ribbon with a permanent marker pen. I am still in the process of making labels for the 6" crocheted squares we exchanged in 2014 (and will be doing again in 2015 and I can hardly wait to start again!) I am making labels for the squares I received that do not have name labels on them. I want to remember who I got them from. You can turn the cut end under and stitch them to the top of the sock. I would buy either the roll or strips of WIDE ribbon and then you can make the names as fancy as you want depending on how artistic you are. That way they can be seen from a distance rather than just up real close. Be sure to test the pen on a strip of ribbon before you decide which pens to use.I even give mine the "wet" test by dipping them in water and let them dry over night to see if the ink bleeds. I hope this is helpful. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought about writing on felt and tacking it on, or what about cross stitch embroidery on some canvas or waste canvas that you fray the edges.
    Good luck. I have trouble sometimes with the narrow mouths of my animal hats that I make and sell, so I crochet a chain, then place it where I want it and sew it on with matching yarn.
    Kate