Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

looking for crochet pattern

Does anyone have the instructions on how to crochet the top of a dishtowel where you tack on a button to hang over stove oven handle. I used to make these a long time ago and now have forgotten how to do them. Don't like the new fashion ones they have come out with now. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Here are some pattern options for crocheted towel toppers:

Crochet Pattern Central - Free Towel Topper Crochet Pattern Link Directory

And here is a video which may be helpful for you:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Toshi0912,
    I used to make towel toppers. This is the pattern I have.

TOWEL TOPPER
    NOTE: Cut towel in half crosswise;-I folded the towel in half
    optional, zigzag raw edges
    to secure.
    Rnd 1: With C hook and white, with right side of towel facing you, starting at right corner, (if left-handed, start at left corner), with lp on hook, push hook through towel, yo, draw lp through, complete as sc;evenly space 37 more sc across, turn (38). - I didn't normally get 38 but made sure it was an even number.

Rows 2-4: With G hook, ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.

Row 5: Ch 1, (sc next 2 sts tog) across, turn (19).

Rows 6-9: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.

Rows 10-13: Ch 1, sc first 2 sts tog, sc in each st across with sc
    last 2 sts tog, turn, ending with 11 sts in last row.

Rows 14-18l:Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.

Rows 19-20: Ch 1, sc first 2 sts tog. sc in each st across with sc
    last 2sts tog, turn, ending with 11 sts in last row (9,7). - by the time you get to this row you should have a odd number of stitches. This is your handle.

Rows 21-42: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. -I think I made the handle longer than this and then I didn't do rows 43 and 44 until I thought the handle was long enough and I was ready for the last 2 rows.

Rows 43-44: Repeat row 10 (5, 3). Fasten off at end of last row.

Row 45: Working across outer edge of towel holder;for edging, with right side of towel facing you, starting at beginning of row 1, join white with sc in end of row, sc in end of each row and in
    each st around to opposite end of row 1, fasten off.

Row 46: With No. 6 steel crochet hook, join yellow with sc in first st, (ch 4, sc in next st) across, fasten off.

FLOWER (make 3)
    Rnd 1: With No.6 steel crochet hookand yellow, ch 4, sl st in first ch to form ring, ch 1, 6 sc in
    ring, join with sl st in first sc (6).

Rnd 2: Ch 1, (sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) around, join (9).

Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st, ch 6, (sc in next st, ch 6) around, join (9 ch-6 lps).

Rnd 4: Ch 1, sl st in same sc, 6 sc in next ch lp, (sl st in next sc, 6 sc in next ch lp ) around, join
    with sl st in first sl st, fasten off.

Finishing
    1: For Jar Cover, cut 24" from ribbon and weave through rnd 18 of cover. Place jar in cover and tie ribbon in bow to secure. Tack one flower over bow.

2: For Basket Trim, cut 66" from ribbon and weave through every 3rd to 4th st around on rnd 1. Glue trim around rim of basket, let dry. Tie ribbon in bow to secure. Tack one flower over bow.

3:For Towel Holder, tie remaining ribbon in bow and sew over rows 43 and 44 on back of towel holder. Tack one flower over bow. Sew velcro bottom over rows 19 and 20 and velcro top over rows 43 and 44 on front of holder.

Mar/Apr 1991 Hooked on crochet! 7

I never made the flower.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Toshi,
    This is a picture of the towel topper and jar cover
    Y787 Crochet PATTERN ONLY Sunshine Kitchen Set Towel Topper Jar Cover Patterns