Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: poncho patterns

Post Thanks / Like

poncho patterns

Hello Friends,
    I am looking for a poncho pattern. I want one with a cowl or loose turtle neck. I saw on online or I should say a picture of it was labeled 2 toned coloured crochet poncho. It was PERFECT!!!! I have searched and was not able to get the pattern but I think I was doing something wrong. Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this it?

CLASSIC TWO TONE PONCHO – CROCHET PATTERN

Posted on: 25th Mar 2013
    two tone crochet poncho crochet cape
    MATERIALS

about 450-500g DK yarn (I used acrylic one to be able to wash my poncho in washing machine)
    EQUIPMENT

crochet hooks (I used 4.00 mm one to crochet and 5.00 mm to make frills)
    black and gray crochet poncho
    METHOD

stitches used: chain (ch), single crochet (sc), double crochet (dc), half double crochet (hdc), slip stitch (sl)
    FOUNDATION CHAIN
    multiply of 2 ch + 1 ch (I stared with 100 ch + 1 ch base)
    connect two ends of the chain with sl
    ROUND 1 (FOUNDATION ROUND)
    This is the most important part, counting stitches is crucial, otherwise poncho won’t be even. The beginning will be place where all rows will be connected, therefore we need to start half way in between corners, not on the edge.
    Work 3 ch instead of first dc and then continue with 19 more tr into each chain of the base.
    Then work 4 ch to create the corner and 50 dc into each chain of the base.
    Again 4 ch for the corner and then remaining 30 dc.
    Finish the round with sl into 3 ch of the first dc, do not cut the yarn.
    ROUND 2+
    Start with a new colour the same way like in the previous row (tie ends of both colours together on the back of the poncho), starting with 3 ch for the first dc and then continue with dc in between stitches from the previous row.
    Once you will reach the corner chains work 2 tr into the chains of the base, 4 extra ch to create a new corner and again 2 tr into the chain base.
    Continue like this for as many rounds as it is needed to make poncho long enough.
    LAST ROUND (the most time consuming)
    Work 2 ch for first hdc and then hdc all the way around poncho, even the corners.
    Cut pieces of the yarn and tie into every second dc stitch, I tied 2 pieces of yarn (both colours) into each of them – use larger crochet hook to pull the yarn through the holes.
    NECK FINISH
    I finished the poncho with scallop pattern around the neck.
    First row: work 2 ch and then sc around the neck without creating the corners again.
    Second row: work 1 sc 2 dc 1 sc into every second stitch to create the scallops.
    NOTES

If you are making poncho from one colour you can decorate it with some flowers or other little embellishments.
    If you are using more than 2-3 colours you may need to cut the yarn and attach new colour each row not to get tangled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure but also need to ask if you have a picture of it? I live in Florida and I do not want to make it of a too heavy yarn. WOW! you guys answer sooooooooooooo quickly!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is always a problem Swankie, when you see something you like, you must snag a picture, and save it in your computer, sure helps in searching, and google helps a lot there too.
    Maybe googling the pattern name will yield a picture?
    Shaddy
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

5. Thanks Swankie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    poncho patterns-image-jpg. It is on coffeandvanilla.com.

7. Likes karenlatlas liked this post