Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Grey Lady, I actually found the book for .80 cents I'm glad I bought it again and have taught myself a valuable lesson in the art of lending pattern books or patterns. We've had a printer and scanner for a long time, unfornately (I can't spell tonight) I didn't have them before I loaned the book to a friend, who's still a friend she has senile dementia now and being her friend is far more important now than a lost pattern book.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a pattern for a bright striped bunting; but the stripes are horizontal. PM me if you want it and I'll try to send it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonron View Post
    I am looking for a granny square potholder set with a plastic doll face chrocheted into the center of one of the squares, with a raised chrochet around the dolls face.
    Has anyone seen or heard of this pattern?
    hello sharonron, years ago i learned to make pot holders with a doll face. the face was not like a ball type, but compared to a very small bowl because it is just the front and a hole in the back.i make a double sunflower like shape and the back is cover. the second round of the flower is to insert the doll face. then make a braid to weave or glue over the face, so it does look like a sunflower with a face. at the bottom i make 2 potholes with a hanged by 2 buttons from a corner loop. wish i knew how to send pictures, and i never had pattern cause i make them from memory.hope this help somehow. silviar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I will look, my mother has one hanging on the wall in the dining room, she still has the Tabasco Sombrero and poncho, worse case I will look at it and try and write it out for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this pillow, but maybe you can work same concept for a pot holder? Good Luck...Davena

Baby Soft | Purple Kitty

Post Thanks / Like
    This one isn't in the center, but you could probably center it on a square or begin your square off the face ruffle.
    Doll Face Pot Holder Pattern
    I remember seeing something like you describe, but I don't think it was a potholder, just a wall decoration (or maybe used as a pincushion?) I've made the doll blankets that have the doll face and sometimes hands attached, it's pretty much just a block, the "bonnet" around the face is strung with a ribbon or chain and pulled tight to hold the face in place. (I use a little stuffing behind the face). Good luck, great vintage patterns can be hard to find.