Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

need help with doliy pattern

I need help with the first row of a doily pattern . The following is a link to the Irish Rose pattern. https://www.free-crochet.com/detail....177&cat_id=309. ♥

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the Irish Rose pattern aside for now. So I'm catching up with dishcloths( got to be desperate, eh), also doing a baby sweater as well! ♥
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally do not do that sort of crochet, I prefer round doilies, or plain mats, not into joining motifs, etc., I apologize, I wish I could assist you in some way, but if you still have trouble, come back here, and am sure that someone will help, maybe even myself, if I get a copy of said pattern, I believe I had it, and deleted it cuz I don't do that type of crochet, but could at least help I guess. Maybe there will be a light bulb moment.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    I downloaded the pattern. Can you tell me where in the first row your confused? The pattern makes two halves that you join together. Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having trouble with the first row. I'm usually able to start a pattern but I seem to have a block with this on. The last part of row 1 says to turn ( 2 triple crochet, 2ch-1sps, 1shell). but where are these stitches going into. I have not done an Irish pattern in the past.Thank you for your assistance.
    Last edited by Ladyella; 03-02-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll check it out and get back with you:-)

7. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not an average skill level pattern. It's very difficult as with most Irish Crochet. I worked this pattern through Row 2 with worsted weight yarn and a J hook so that I could see the stitches easily.
    The (2 tr, 2 ch-1 sps, 1 shell) is just a note of what you just finished crocheting; it is not worked into the pattern.
    Begin row 2. The sl st goes into the 1st ch-1 space which is part of the ch 5. Continue working row 2 in the same manner.
    I read through the pattern for Strip A and you will be fastening off and joining new thread twice. I hope I was able to answer your question.
    ---HarriEtta

9. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladyella, I agree with Crochetdiva on the instructions. Seeing this pattern has inspired me to try it after I've finished with my currently doily project. Getting ready to crochet a baby cap for a friend. Crochetdiva helped me figure out my dilemma. Have fun!

11. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both (crochetdiva & Linda D. Mitzner) for taking time out to check this pattern for me. I love this doily, but I need to investigate Irish Crocheting a little more, although I don't give up easily. In the meantime I will do some doilies as I have not done many, and I obviously need the experience. But Thank You very Much♥♥♥

13. Thanks crochetdiva thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your very welcome!