Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    If you are doing rows, when doing a ch 1 at the end, then you would go into the same stich when you turn.
    If you are doing a ch 2 at the end of a row then when you turn you would go into the next stich.\
    I hope this helps.
    Phyllis

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Phyllis, TY for the information..It really helps when you get an idea in another members eyes. Also, Welcome to this site.. The members are so nice and eager to assist you... I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings! I've been OFF★LINE for awhile Sooooo I THO'T that I would stop in and say Hello! Working from a Gizmo DROID is sometimes difficult because of the screen size. I use a variety of Starts, depending on the pattern. Such as a Sweater, a chain would Not be so bulky for going along the sides for the button edgings. But a linked DC etc helps prevent that "Hole". Anyhows, I feel that it's up to each individual and pattern. Sheri *¿*

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it does help, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis B View Post
    Hi,
    If you are doing rows, when doing a ch 1 at the end, then you would go into the same stich when you turn.
    If you are doing a ch 2 at the end of a row then when you turn you would go into the next stich.\
    I hope this helps.
    Phyllis
    Yes it really does, for some reason I was blocked at that last ch, but you have made it easier and I thank you for the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I am making a hat and it calls for a chain 3 for a double crochet at the beginning of the row, I chain one and then make a double crochet in that first space. When joined the chain one gets hidden, and the finish is smoother.

8. Thanks Poinciana thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello SCNick Knack,
    I am new this year to the forum, and saw the discussion on chaining at the ends of rows. I have only made a couple of blankets and new to crocheting, and found that my rows are off here and there on the edges. I count and recount, what am I doing wrong? Can you offer me any advice, should I ch 1 at the ends, and flip...I follow the patterns...but somehow it never comes out right. I see that some say follow the patterns, some say do what is comfortable for you...I was really taught to crochet by sight-watching, not by reading a pattern, so it is a little harder for me. Thank you for your latest post, it was helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with MeerKat, there really are no hard set rules in crochet! Usually the pattern directions tell you how to address the turning chain or not. If I'm following a pattern I do as the directions direct. If I want nice even borders I usually don't use a turning chain, just a 1 chain and then a stitch in the same space of the 1 chain. Ihope this helps and doesn't further confuse
    Susie

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Susie. That's what I do. I just didn't explain it so good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susie,
    Do you mean once I chain 1, turn...I put the first stitch in the chain1 that I just did and count that as one? Or...ch 1 then go into the first stitch of the row? I am confused...lol..sorry.