Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Do you have a favorite hook or brand of hooks that you go to?

Hi all,
    I was wondering what everyone favors in hook size,wood or metal or whatever material the hook(s) is made of.............
    One of most favorite collectable is a gift from my future ex-husband. 16 hooks from Brittany made out of balck walnut. Although I have meny hooks made by different artists, these are my constant go to's. So what and why are your favorites?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, those sound nice. I use the metal or aluminum, they are the only ones I have at this point. I would like to try the bamboo ones just haven't fount them when I'm out shopping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out using Boyes and this is what I have always stuck with. I would like to venture out in the near future and try others, though. In case you are interested in reading some of the other comments from an old thread, here is a link to it. Members are also welcome to comment in this thread as there choices may have changed since then. We also have newer members who have not posted in the old thread.

http://crochettalk.com/main/578-favo...het-hooks.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Boyle seems to be what I have in my 'tool' box; but I do like bamboo...recently I needed a number 7 hook and the brand name isn't on the hook itself and the name wasn't something I had heard of before...works great; got it at Hobby Lobby....

Post Thanks / Like
    check my thread about Clover hooks, a lot of people have commented on it recently/

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer Tilip hooks... These are the best. I used Boye and it made ulcer on finger brrr

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Boye most of the time but do have some others. I have a bone hook that my grandmother used to make clothes for my dolls. I used it to make a teddy bear for my grandson and really felt a sense of tradition being passed along. The black walnut sound really nice. No matter how bad they are, exes always have some good in them - sometimes you just have to look hard. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to use the Boye aluminium hooks for my every day work but I also have a set of very special bamboo hooks that I'll use on occasion.

I love my wooden afghan hooks but my cable hooks are all plastic.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Tulip crochet hooks. I got a set of 8 hooks, and the quality is amazing. Sometimes i think that they, not me, are doing all the work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the same way alot of times about the Brittany set I have. I do have a special K hook made by an artist, I think I found him on Ebay about 6 years ago, the hook is exceptional to work with and the craftsmanship is second to none! I think the hook ran me $20 back then. If he had a set to sale, I'd almost give my eye teeth for them!