Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  110
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting is truly an escape for me. Rather than mindlessly losing myself in tv programs or waiting in a dental or doctor's office losing patience of why it is taking so long, I can be productive and at peace. While I am fully involved in whatever project, I am striving to make each stitch to perfection. I hope that my pieces are sometimes held by someone many years from now to wonder who and when it was made. Of course, I hope that things are handed down in my family, but it is certainly possible that some will end up in antique shops, auctions, rummage sales, flea markets, etc., presuming they last. I admire items in various sales and wish I could know its history. All that we make are treasures that will hopefully last for many lifetimes. I hope that doesn't sound too corny. For the past three years, I have become more and more obsessed as my stash has grown and find that I will need to live quite a long time to get through all the projects that are lined up. My biggest regret in life so far is that I did not learn this wonderful art many years ago.

2. Likes Jerry31557, Irishjl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    For me it is not only the relaxing affects but also the satisfaction of being able to help someone out with a special gift ..
    I make baby blankets for expectant moms and while I enjoy using my "talent" to make blankets - the pleasant feelings of being able to help a new mom are beyond priceless ...

4. Likes Jerry31557 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting is wonderful. If it weren't for crochet, where else would we spend our money?

I tell my partner that crochet keeps me 'off the streets and out of the bars'!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

6. Likes Jerry31557, Irishjl, Sonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rack! Yes I just might have to crochet more than I do now. Some days its up with the kids and its great and others its I'm hanging on the edge. Thanks and hugsss back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know of any groups in SE GA? Wish there was some!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had never made cloths up until recently and was shocked how easy it is. I have been crocheting for over 40 yrs and my mom said she wanted a cardigan, just so happens it is the same pattern of the one I was going to make for my wife. So I decided to make moms first. Her 83 birthday was coming up so I began. Well 5 days later I was through and it was beautiful. It fit mom perfectly. I would suggest to order patterns from a well known company, Annie's Attic, E-patterns central, or Red Heart. Their patterns are perfect.
    Now I am making all kinds of things for my wife and my granddaughter.
    Get a pattern and go for it. You'll do great!

10. Likes Judi Gums, rack, AuntyD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    I have fibromialgia and I literally hurt all over. If I ever go any length of time without crocheting or quilting, when I pick it back up, this makes my hands and arms really hurt, after a day or too they get better. I had a physical therapist tell me that whatever I do, don't quit. So this will help benefit by keeping your hands 'active'.
    Bamaquilter

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jerry! Thats very inspiring and encouraging for me to even try to start clothing. Just the very thing I need.
    Right now I'm still working on this basket weaving afghan. The ends have been giving me somewhat a problem. Ladies from Crochet Talk gave me a tip to put pins on each ends and I did. So far good. So I wanted to say thanks again to the one who told me that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaquilter View Post
    Hi Barbara,
    I have fibromialgia and I literally hurt all over. If I ever go any length of time without crocheting or quilting, when I pick it back up, this makes my hands and arms really hurt, after a day or too they get better. I had a physical therapist tell me that whatever I do, don't quit. So this will help benefit by keeping your hands 'active'.
    Bamaquilter
    Hi there Bamaquilter,

I have fibro too. I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it's hard to pick up the hook or needles. But I do it little bits at a time, and in a few days I'm good to go. That was some good advice from your PT. I'll have to remember that on "bad flare" days. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find crocheting relaxing ( depending on how difficult the pattern is!). I also find it is a good way to pass a slow day.

15. Likes Jerry31557 liked this post