Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  110
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful and Crochet as your life may depend on it!

I agree with you about demintia. (spelling) I almost died Christmas after over dosing, thanks to a doctor. He over prescribed Xanax and it about killed me. Anyway I woke up in ICU after being out for 3 days. The doctors told my wife that if I woke up I would probably have perminant brain damage because when I was found no one know how long I was without oxygen. Praise GOD of glory when I came home straight from ICU the first thing I wanted to do was crochet. I decided if I could crochet I was going to be okay. Praise the GOD of Glory i am fine and have no brain damage and I quit the Xanax cold turkey after taking it for over 20 years and had no with drawal what so ever!
    Please everyone, please be very careful of what doctors gives you. Question what uour foctor gives you. Xanax is so very dangerous and can kill you. Be VERY careful of what doctors give you!
    Crocheting was a very rehabilitating for me. And was good therapy to find out if I had brain or not.
    Keep crocheting and make beautiful items to give away or to decorate your home.

2. Likes AuntyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great topic!

Oh the benefits - let me count the ways.....for one, it relieves stress, which is huge for me because I have Fibromyalgia. I find it very relaxing. Also, I love being able to create things for others - I rarely keep finished projects for myself. I love the challenge of working a difficult or new stitch or pattern because it helps with Fibro foggy brain.

Lastly, I just love it.

4. Likes Jerry31557, AuntyD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same here. I know when I need to pick up a hook.

6. Likes Jerry31557 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my second attempt to write something here...words just can't express how crochet benefits me...I am and thus I crochet....

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet therefore I am.

9. Likes Jerry31557, AuntyD, twoheartsonehome liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had put crocheting away for quite a long while and several years ago I was going through a reallllllly down time in my life. I was almost suicidal. At the time my youngest daughter was still at home and I decided that I was going to crochet her an afghan in secret while she was at school. I ordered yarn from ebay and bought a hook from walmart. I didn't use a pattern although I am NOT usually good at that sort of crocheting ( lol ). I made a ripple afghan for her, putting it away every day before she got home from school. That afghan and the act of crocheting saved my life. It gave me a purpose each day (beyond my daughter, of course) but it was so fun to think I was pulling something over on her. Of course after I finished it she told me she knew I had been doing it. LOL

Viv

11. Likes Jerry31557, AuntyD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to be in a similar situation as a lot of you. I retired expecting fun times, only to experience a number of serious health problems. I was down in the dumps when I heard about crocheting baby blankets for the hospital. After years of not picking up a hook, I dug around, found my gear, started looking for patterns and I was back to being hooked! My attitude improved, I made some gifts for Christmas last year and it was all good. I'm making a variety of items and feeling much happier about being able to be productive. It's just good fun.
    IreneH

13. Likes Jerry31557, billiebob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting is my quiet time in life.
    After reading the paper,watching news on the TV.
    My blood pressure is bad.
    So I crochet to help relax me.
    Love working with new stitches.
    Enjoy reading all in this forum as it really helps me understand crocheting more.
    Thank you Crochettalk for all your help for us gals.
    Joan Maggie

15. Likes Jerry31557 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very relaxing craft is the first thing that comes to mind. It also is a great way to complete projects that are much needed in hospitals, nursing homes, etc. such as lapghans, chemo caps, baby blankets for preemies, etc.
    When family projects are completed I am able to share the love that the recipient shows when the gift is received. Cannot think of a better benefit then that.

17. Likes Jerry31557, ihasenbank, Sonnie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like most of you I crochet to relieve stress, I also use it as part of my diet plan I am on weight watchers and crochet is great for keeping my hands busy and food out of my mouth. Also I find that crochet gives me something to do when at times I feel helpless to do anything else, it allows me to do something and finish something. My 35 year old daughter lost both of her legs just below the knee and almost all of her fingers last year and at a time when I felt so helpless it gave me something that I could do. I make ponchos and afghans for my daughter who loves to wear them and feels that I am with her when she wears them and it makes me feel just a little less helpless and gives me something to do for her.

19. Likes Jerry31557, AuntyD liked this post