Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  110
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I love to crochet because I love to be creative. I love the feeling of working with yarn. I am older so it is good for my hands, mind, and it requires patience. Sometimes if I can't get a certain pattern right I start over many times. I am determined to get it right. Of course, it helps to be retired!

Post Thanks / Like
    The benefits for me is... the joy my projects have brought to the person I have given the crocheting to... I've made , hello kittie hats, and angry bird hats for daycare kids and they have loved them... when my husband saw th angry bird hat he wanted one... this is why I crochet, this is my benefits

3. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear obsessed - that is lovely! How large do you make your lapghans? I've never made one and would like to look into this. I'm sure there are plenty of places around here that would take them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a foster Mom to two teenage girls (that can be quite trying at times) crocheting helps me to relax and get any frustratioms out. Then when I finish the projects mainly hats or baby items I donate them to a hospital and that mkes me feel good that I did something for someone else,

6. Likes Barbara G., Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Marsha - How wonderful that you took those two girls into your home. That must be very rewarding. I understand the trying part having raised a teenage daughter myself. I also have 2 teenage boys but I find them much easier to deal with than girls.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never thought about donating to the hospitals... I think I'm going to do that... thanking for that idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use crocheting for many things. sometimes i have quite a few projects going. i use croching for stress, when i have a problem and trying to work it out, when i'm mad (which some of my best work is done) and for just shear entertainment. also i have severe arthritis and it helps keep my fingers limber.

10. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting for others has given me something positive to focus on again. I'm really enjoying trying so many new patterns and learning new stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    It helps me relax. I help at a flowershop thats close to me for the last 5 yrs but they are closing in 2 months. It kept my artistic side up to snutt. I also do Christmas wreaths & centerpieces & such for 2 craft shows. My eyes are going slowly so the craft shows may have to go unless I can find someone to drive me. All depends on how fast they go.So far my crocheting is fine but can,t read like I used to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robin. I donate baby/children's blankets via the Linus Project (you can Google it). The blankets go to needy/sick/emergent children. It gives you a good feeling. I'm also looking into making small "blankies" and toys for pet shelters. I've been reading and there is a big need for these items to give some comfort to the animals. Enjoy.