Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  110
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    crocheting is a great stress reliver for me.plus it gets me lots of smiles and hugs from my grandkids. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Or as my partner says, it keeps me off the streets and out of the bars!! lol
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like

For a man!

I had a nervous breakdown many years ago and I took up crocheting and it pulled me through the breakdown. I have been crocheting ever since. I can make and have mad any thing! It still keeps me sane. I am now disabled and crochet every day. Thank GOD for my Granny teaching me that simple chain stitch when I was 8.. Now at 52 I have taught my 3 grand kids to chain!

4. Likes Judi Gums, Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, by the way! I have made my wife sweaters, shawls and things for my mother, daughter, and grand daughter many things. I love it when they wear what I have made, or see the things in their homes the things I have made!

6. Likes Beviboo, Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Benefits of crochet?

I feel that the benefits of crocheting are many. First, there's something rewarding about creating something special. Wether the finished product is just for yourself, or for someone else, YOU made it. It wasn't store bought. It was made with thought and imagination. Second, crocheting can be very calming.--Okay, not always. But it can be. I like the way thread or yarn moves through my fingers, becoming something, from a spool/skien of nothing. My imagination just soars whenever I begin a new project. And with the newer yarns and threads, the possibilities are endless! I only wish that I had more time to play. But that's the breaks of the grown-up world, isn't it?
    Gaby

8. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting brings happiness to the grandchildren when they get hats, scarves and slippers that grandma made for them. For christmas I made bookmarks for the nieces, and my sisters, they loved them. So for me crocheting is happiness!!!!

10. Likes Judi Gums, Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Everyone, When I saw this thread a lot of things came to mind and I noticed as I read through all of your comments that they practically mirrored what I was thinking. So I thought I'd look at it a different way... the most significant thought that came to mind was that crocheting brings me memories... To illustrate: years ago I was crocheting a 'Winnie the Pooh' stuffed animal for a friend at work for her birthday. My niece Debra called and asked me to babysit her 2 young sons; so in addition to everything else I needed I took along my crochet project. When her youngest son Luke (4 yrs) saw what I was doing he asked what it was, so I showed him the picture in the pattern book with all the Pooh characters and he said that Tigger was his favorite and would I make him one for his birthday. Well it was February and his birthday wasn't until July so I told him that I would. I got it done in time but he and his family were on vacation at the time and later I was gone on a road trip so I didn't really get a chance to see Luke again until that Xmas... so, I thought I'll just give it to him for a Xmas present which I did and he was sooo excited... that was about 11 years ago and to this day whenever I go to their house he always comes up to me and tells me that he still has that Tigger and he doesn't have it religated to a box in the garage or the back of a closet...it sits on a chair or on his bed everyday...that's a very special memory and not the only one, but I won't walk all the way down that road with you today...thanks for the chance to share this with you all... beverly

12. Likes Judi Gums, Val, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the real, hidden benefits of crochet.... where else can a fully grown adult be like a kid in a candy store other than in a yarn shop?
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

14. Likes Barbara G., Judi Gums, Val, AuntyD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it relaxing as well. I also enjoy making useful items for myself and my family. I like being productive, even when I'm relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Benefits of Crocheting

I have been crocheting for over 35 years, now that my children are grown and I don't have any grandchildren yet I have had to find a new outlet for my hobby.

I crochet to de-stress and relax. I seem to have to keep my hands moving most of the time. So crocheting does this for me.

Mostly I make lapghans now and I donate them to the local cancer support centre. They are always very grateful and tell me the members love them dearly. I am able to donate about 40-50 annually. I still make a few projects for others too.

If anyone else is looking for someone to give their projects to there are many shelters, nursing homes, support groups, hospitals agencies that will take them. It just depends on what you like to make and a few phone calls to find out where to take them to.

I feel my lapghans are doing double duty. Therapy for me and someone else too.

17. Likes Beviboo liked this post